Shipping crystal to Oz

Dec05

Hi all,

I have some really nice crystal wine glasses, decanter etc.

I'd love to get them shipped over - I priced replacing them in oz and it was very $$$

They are in Ireland at the moment & I'd like to get them to Sydney - is that realistic - has anyone done this and if so can you recommend your removalist ?

Am not having much success so far with google...

Unless we are talking many glasses, and assuming that's all you want to transport, by the time you pay someone to wrap them and transport them, and pay to replace the one or two that will inevitably get damaged, I'm sure it won't have been much more expensive to replace.

We had really good Waterford crystal in the UK, sold it/gave it all away (many 100s of pieces) and when we moved over replaced with much more contemporary riedel plain crystal glasses (the ones Virgin Atlantic and Emirates use in upper/first). 

So much nicer than the cut crystal we left behind and really easy to replace if you do damage one

We bought all our crystal glass and very old family glass with us, but packed well in our container, and had no breakages. We enjoy drinking from both modern and crystal glass. Apart from most of the crystal glass given as wedding presents many many years ago which makes it personal, some of it was bought in East Berlin before the wall came down, so reminds us of our life then. 

Cost wise it might not be worth it, and you can  replace your glassware here with crystal or modern, but sometimes memories are more important than cost for some people.