Travel Facilitation Letter

talktosi

Anyone submitted a request for letter recently ? Did you get any acknowledgement of request and how long did it take to process ? My wife has a 100 visa, need to delay entry date, submitted request last week but heard nothing. Cant enquire to home office online, called them but gave up waiting on hold for a long time( will get my Mum in Australia to try tomorrow) Nothing shows up on immi account.

Many thanks

16 minutes ago, talktosi said:

Not that it's any of your business but there are several REASONS for wanting to delay our entry to Australia, which are irrespective of the purpose of the post.

The point is, the travel facilitation letter was created for people who can't travel due to Covid delays.  I can see on the Home Affairs website that it still exists and frankly, I am surprised since there are no longer any Covid delays AFAIK.  If Home Affairs are still being lenient then lucky for you, but pre-Covid they were very rigid about NOT allowing people to delay so I'm wondering how strict they're being now

Edited by Marisawright
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

The point is, the travel facilitation letter was created for people who can't travel due to Covid delays.  I can see on the Home Affairs website that it still exists and frankly, I am surprised since there are no longer any Covid delays AFAIK.  If Home Affairs are still being lenient then lucky for you, but pre-Covid they were very rigid about NOT allowing people to delay so I'm wondering how strict they're being now

That was my thought too.  Wasn't the travel facilitation letter for Covid reasons only?  No excuse now.  Could be lucky though I suppose.

• 2 weeks later...

HI, I got my travel faciliatation letter approx 48 hours after submitting the request. This was in January. There was no acknowledge of recepit, they just emailed me with the letter (in pdf). I didn't need to provide any meaningful details as to why I wanted the letter. They granted it for a full year (Jan 2023) but I am travelling and activating my visa in August. Hope that helps, I assume the process is exactly the same whilst they are still offering the service

On 26/05/2022 at 19:34, Toots said:

That was my thought too.  Wasn't the travel facilitation letter for Covid reasons only?  No excuse now.  Could be lucky though I suppose.

They might have already missed the normal 12 months enter by date, and need the facilitation letter to cover that.