dec 175 app - no news - aaaaarrrghhhhh

Guest sjs

before i start i know there are still applicants from aug/sep/oct/nov also still waiting

BUT

there are applicants in jan/mar/apr and may with visa grants

WHAT IS THAT ALL ABOUT? :realmad:

i am happy for these people - no i am really its not their fault that we are still waiting but can anyone offer any advice to me. i am using an agent who is very helpful - we have front loaded everything so that as my agent calls it it should be decision ready but should i be onto my agent complaining about the order of these grants ? maybe she would then send a chaser to the dept ?

or do i just need to sit tight? i do apologise i am usually so positive and optimistic so this is soo not like me but my son is ready to go into p1 on aug 18th and i really wanted to have my visa so i dont need to start him.

help what can i do

thanks

sjs

Hi, There is no harm in contacting your agent and asking him to chase things up for you. Are you an online applicant? You could even telephone yourself to ask if you have a CO yet, although we had an agent we still phoned and they were very helpful. I know lots of people say you cant phone if you have an agent but we phoned twice 1st time answered us and 2nd time said the agent would need to call.

Have your meds been finalised yet? As this could be your excuse to call them

Good luck and hold tight it wont be long now, they do say roughly 9 months as an average wait.

Guest hels269

sjs

I am in exactly the same boat.

I applied for 176 on dec 10th and have heard absolutely nothing but i read a post from someone the other day who had applied 26th dec and have a visa.

I didnt frontload them but have since sent them off..PCC i sent of the other day and meds shoudl be just about arriving there now.

Agent said I have to just sit tight but i dont know whether to mention this website and the update timeline thing I check to tell him that other people have case officers and even visas despite submitting after me. I mean, would the agent accept that this website is a good indication of timelines ?

Im pretty sure it wont be long though, its my own fault for not front loading but I didnt want to get an activation date that wasnt possible to meet..I have a house still to sell..aaghhh but it will be so nice to know I have the visa..i can start thinking about reducing the house price then.

good luck with your agent..i hope he does chase them for you..im pretty sure mine will tell me to be patient though.

Helen

hi guys another december app & u guessed it heard nowt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:arghh:

I'm paper based so expecting it gonna take a while & it seems I'm the only one in december so no-one to compare! its driving me crazy arrrrrrrhhhhhhhhh

I did send an online enquiry last week but shocker:swoon:still no CO after 8 months!

not sure how much more I can take was really hoping to be out there sept/oct but doesn't look it's goin to work that way

cant believe it's almost august another month passes

ok rant over good luck everyone heres hoping the visas come through thick & fast for us all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any day now, you are all going to be posting on here that you've got it!

It would be interesting to know how they prioritise though.

Kate

Hi Kate, My agent told us that you were lucky alot of the time with what CO you got on how efficient they were. You could be allocated a CO then they could go of sick or leave etc... So perhaps the luck of the draw Bum*er I know x

Guest Karen K

I have just had my visa granted, however when we got our CO the agent did say we were very lucky. It would be nice if the Oz gov could give us a clue to why some get them before others who have waited longer. I do hope that you all get your visa soon and i am sending some positive engery XXX

I have just had my visa granted, however when we got our CO the agent did say we were very lucky. It would be nice if the Oz gov could give us a clue to why some get them before others who have waited longer. I do hope that you all get your visa soon and i am sending some positive engery XXX

oh dear was kinda hoping that rather than you being lucky this was the way of things to come.

anyway thanks for the positive energy karen i really need it i think you begin to lose that after waiting so long

thanks again

sjs

Guest niblick

Hi

We are waiting for a CO. They have all our information meds police checks ECT, does the CO just rubber stamp you visa or can they fail you on technicalities.

Welsh Jeff

• 2 weeks later...

After looking at that Timeline website (BEupdate - Australian Migration, Relocation, Flight, Jobs,) they seem to be processing in any order they feel like!? We lodged in Jan, & most of the people from Jan who have their VISAs already seem to have frontloaded the meds & PCs - has anyone else found this? The problem with frontloading though is then the EXTREMELY limited time to activate your VISA - it just doesn't seem right!!??

KathnHans

Guest sumeet_gk

Hi Guys,

Im Sumeet from INDIA. I had applied for a 175 skilled visa. My lodgement date in 5th Feb 2008.

Can any body please tell me when the visas will be allocated. The aspc mail says its 19th sept 2007 they are processing but as per this forum people of 2008 have received their visa! Does this mean the aspc reply is fake?

Im trying to reach the aspc through phone but nobody answers the call. If anybody can call aspc on behalf of me and check exactly which date aspc is processiing for 175 skilled visa

Regards,

Sumeet

Guest ashmalog
After looking at that Timeline website (BEupdate - Australian Migration, Relocation, Flight, Jobs,) they seem to be processing in any order they feel like!? We lodged in Jan, & most of the people from Jan who have their VISAs already seem to have frontloaded the meds & PCs - has anyone else found this? The problem with frontloading though is then the EXTREMELY limited time to activate your VISA - it just doesn't seem right!!??

KathnHans

what you have to remember with the beupdate site is that people have to update their own information so some may have done it where others haven't. it could be that most of jan's have been allocated but people are so excited they forget about the rest of us that rely on the timelines to see if we are close!!

you should hear soon though - fingers crossed.

can chat more tomorrow. x

Don't you be telling me that!!! I can't believe they have even finished Decembers yet - they are SOOOO disorganised - what they need is me going to work for them, & I'd soon sort them out!!

I thought it may take 6 months, but now I'm into month 7 I'm getting concerned! (but going by everyone else on here, it seems the norm?)

Kx

Hello 'Mrs Tyke'

Thanks - yes I knew how to check status - have been doing it every couple of days for past month now!! I think its just pot luck when you get dealt with! Am hoping to get CO any day - hopefully??!!

Have meds booked now for Sept - did you frontload your meds & PC out of interest?

Kath

Think I would DEF be chasing up my agent on this one - I have kept badgering mine at every stage of the process, thats what Im paying her for!! Since our meds were finalised she has been in weekly contact with our CO and is, at present, pushing them for an estimated completion date within the next few weeks.

GET ON THEIR CASE!!

HI EVERYONE, I was told by our migration expert that there is no fair system to the visa process, it is all dependant on which visa you are going on, my OH mate got his visa within 6weeks of applying for it, he was under 30 no kids and went on a two year working visa, he has to now either start making plans now for a perminant visa or come back after two years, 175 visa is independant and so you are free to do and go where you like, so this one does take longer and if you have family they all need to be checked too.A sponsered visa is you are kind of tied to that company who sponsored you and so it goes on, believe me we were hoping to be gone by April 08 but it has not been the case.Our migration expert did say once we did have a case officer it wuld be very quick as we have everything in place, WHEN it comes through we want to be gone within 6weeks , i hate living in limbo land you carnt plan nohing, well im so fed up ive blown a gaskit and booked a weeks chill out holiday to TURKEY for a week, im hoping when we get back the Visa is waiting, I keep telling everyone i'll show my A*** on the town hall steps the day i get it through LOL. Come on guys lets pull together and help each other get through this time , all be worth it in the end, i loose it myself from time to time, i just want to throw the towel in , im hanging in just about

Hello 'Mrs Tyke'

Thanks - yes I knew how to check status - have been doing it every couple of days for past month now!! I think its just pot luck when you get dealt with! Am hoping to get CO any day - hopefully??!!

Have meds booked now for Sept - did you frontload your meds & PC out of interest?

Kath

Hi Kath

No, we didn't front load ours because of the ever-decreasing "window" for entry to Oz, (as you mention in your last post this is a real concern for those who have front-loaded).

There really doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason for the way the applications are prioritised, I'd love to know how they do it. It must be really frustrating for you, I hope you get your CO soon.

Wish us luck for our meds, they're booked for next Wednesday!!!:chatterbox:

Mrs Tyke x

Guest Alex & Kris

i would love to know how they work out the visa process order, we have been waiting since AUGUST 07 so almost the year mark, meds, pcs all done cleared have a co and still NOTHING!

Was hubby birthday yesterday so was ever hopefull but nothing.

At mo think have more chance winning the lotto!!!!

Fingers crossed for all.

Kris xx:arghh::arghh:

Guest ashmalog
i would love to know how they work out the visa process order, we have been waiting since AUGUST 07 so almost the year mark, meds, pcs all done cleared have a co and still NOTHING!

Was hubby birthday yesterday so was ever hopefull but nothing.

At mo think have more chance winning the lotto!!!!

Fingers crossed for all.

Kris xx:arghh::arghh:

OMG that is a long time poor you i would be going insane if that was me - still a chance yet. I am only on 1 month of waiting and it is getting to me, what happens with people that have been offered jobs?

did you apply on line and when did you get co? was is the job of main applicant?

i do feel for you and everyone out there waiting so long - we have been on our reckie and just want to get back there - melbourne here we come (hopefully)

fingers crossed and lots of good luck wishes coming ur way

• 1 month later...
Guest hels269

hey nov/ dec people

has anyone heard anything recently ?? I have been waiting for 9 months and a few weeks now, since 12 december and still nothing !!!!

my agent has apparently tried chasing but he just wrote back with "no, you dont have a case officer yet" I am getting concerned because my UK police checks are dated June 2007 however my Aussie ones from my year in oz in 1999/2000 are dated feb 2007. Do you think the validation date will be from the aussie or UK checks ??

this is taking forever..mind you, cant sell house so wont be going anywhere, be nice to have the visa ready though !

aaaghhhh

hey nov/ dec people

has anyone heard anything recently ?? I have been waiting for 9 months and a few weeks now, since 12 december and still nothing !!!!

my agent has apparently tried chasing but he just wrote back with "no, you dont have a case officer yet" I am getting concerned because my UK police checks are dated June 2007 however my Aussie ones from my year in oz in 1999/2000 are dated feb 2007. Do you think the validation date will be from the aussie or UK checks ??

this is taking forever..mind you, cant sell house so wont be going anywhere, be nice to have the visa ready though !

aaaghhhh

hi hels269 i have since been granted my visa we applied online through an agent on the 24th dec 07 - i know there are still people waiting though i dont know if they are just paper applicants only or both paper and e lodged. there are some other threads about those who are still waiting if you search you would probably find some better info about these timelines

good luck

sjs

ps my validation date was 1yr from when our meds had been 'finalised'

Guest Andy and Tracy
hey nov/ dec people

aaaghhhh

Hi hels269

I wrote a post last night about how I phoned Adelaide as my Agent refused to. If you can find it, it talks about a 62 day set aside thing they have introduced. We are the same as you and have been told it should be this week. I would phone them - get your TRN number and just ring to see what's happening.

Good luck

Tracy

Archived