Visitors visa Queensland

KangaKit

I don’t think any state is open to tourists unless they have an exemption.  As your brother he won’t get one.  Parents now can but not siblings.  It is a shame as I’m visiting my kids out there soon but my youngest son who lives with me can’t join me as he’s just a sibling of a citizen.   

@KangaKit I agree what you say, the Queensland premier was unambiguous in her speech that siblings can now come from overseas, as tourists, and visit parents, children, brothers and sisters. So yes I too found it confusing as the federal government control external borders and don't include siblings yet. Now the focus is on the feds for being shut and not Queensland per se. NSW tried something similar saying border are open but that was for everyone. Here AP specifically included siblings to the existing cohort. It might be with applying for a travel exemption for Queensland 🤔

What makes me smile is that step parents are good to go but not siblings. Also for sake of family sponsorship family are considered to be parents, siblings and then also cousins, aunts and uncles. 

Let's hope they talk to each other and clear this up. 😴

Hi all, so mother of Aus citizen applied for visa (E651) on 10/01/22 before borders were completely opened. Had previously applied for same visa 4 times, no issues. Immi account initially stated received, no movement since, so had to cancel flights booked for 25/01. Tried calling Aus Gov, no help. Why do they even answer phone. My son in laws parents applied for same E651 on 25/01 and approval was granted within 6 minutes. What is the problem. ? Any advice would be gratefully received. Thank you all.

13 minutes ago, Irenejones said:

Hi all, so mother of Aus citizen applied for visa (E651) on 10/01/22 before borders were completely opened. Had previously applied for same visa 4 times, no issues. Immi account initially stated received, no movement since, so had to cancel flights booked for 25/01. Tried calling Aus Gov, no help. Why do they even answer phone. My son in laws parents applied for same E651 on 25/01 and approval was granted within 6 minutes. What is the problem. ? Any advice would be gratefully received. Thank you all.

I does seem to be a bit hit and miss.  Mine took nearly 4 weeks and others have taken just days.  Some I’ve seen have taken much longer.  No point in ringing up I don’t think. They will probably say it’s within the timescales which it is. It’s very frustrating though and I was getting worried as for me it’s not a case of I’ll just delay it a few weeks.  We have a strict one off at a time rule at work so I’d have been screwed if it didn’t come through in time.  It did though thankfully.  Fingers crossed you get some good news very soon.  Try emailing -evisitor.helpdesk@homeaffairs.gov.au.  It’s worth a try.