going back after 2 weeks

Guest n-jayne

The original poster was probably a wind-up merchant to be honest.....but you did come down hard on her Chris :nah:

You trying to take my Crown:cute:

Sorry Earl but I think she should give it longer.

Not read all this thread so hope I'm not talking out of term I first had feelings that I had made a massive cock up after 3 weeks, after 3 months I knew I wanted to come home, and not regretted it since.

But I do believe that I'd regret it in later life if I had come home after the first wimper. For their own sake if they can hang it out they should. They may come to the same conclusion but they do not want to do what Brisbane to bolton did and end up wanting to return to Aus and spend another fortune.

All the best on your return John

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest susie one

Hi Lee,i am a sparky currently going through the long process of immigration,i have my trade test booked for the end of October,i have read some stories from other members of the site about all the work you have to do when you arrive in oz,are you going to oz or nz,from what i can gather i will need to get a licence which i knew about but there are other courses that i will need to do to gain permission to work as a sparky,all of this i assumed had to be in oz untill i read your thread that is,have you gained a licence to work as a sparky before you entered the country,if you are going to new zealand it may not be the same regulations as me as we are hoping to go to oz...could you tell me were you got the information to do the test outside the country.

Cheers Ian ,Leeds ,West Yorkshire

I agree that most people know within a few weeks.....I have been here for 21 years and have to stay here for another 7 ( kids ) but I knew after a few weeks !!!!

Wishful

xx:jiggy:

I agree with you - you do know if this is the place you want to end your days in and you know that quite early on. I had absolutely no intention of finishing up here but I could stand it while I thought that I would eventually be going home. 29 years for me so probably more Australian than most but I knew back then just as I know now that this isnt "home" and never will be. It's been odd actually for the past 3 decades with my head telling me one thing but my heart knowing that the opposite is true - sort of a living limbo really.

I hope your 7 years speeds by so you can find your way home again!

Thanks yeah well I think the trip I am on at christmas will be my last for the seven years as due to my desire to get home as often as I can I have to declare personal bankruptcy !!! So not having a good day today......why do you stay ?????:shocked:

• 1 year later...
Guest lisaandnigel

Hi

does anyone know, what my oh has to do now he has his ARTC. we are already in WA, but know one can seem to point us in the right direction.

we have been told he may have to do a 10 week course, then we have been told he will have to sit 2 exams.

please can someone help to who we phone or look up.

Thanks

Lisa

• 2 months later...
Guest lisagledhill
Hi

does anyone know, what my oh has to do now he has his ARTC. we are already in WA, but know one can seem to point us in the right direction.

we have been told he may have to do a 10 week course, then we have been told he will have to sit 2 exams.

please can someone help to who we phone or look up.

Thanks

Lisa

Hi lisa if you still need advice, give us a shout i've just done all this ARTC, your fella's nearly there if he as a ARTC, a two week course, and he'll have is liecence the week after:biggrin:

Warren

Archived