going back after 2 weeks

Guest n-jayne

Guest moonraker1961

God I wish I had £20,000 to blow on a life changer lol Yeah I guess it would be interesting to see if that family made it back or stuck it out?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jchrisj

Chris , if your benders last 2 weeks, count me in on the next one :)

Saving up for the next one, it's in Amsterdam.

Chris

Guest earlswood
Whats up with you then earlswood, you usually like to stir the pot? Or did i beat you to it?

I am not saying that she is right or wrong, But after your 2 days, did you turn tail and run home to the easy option, or did you persevere.

Sounds to me like you gave it a go, I am criticall of n-jayne for obvioussly not researching there decision, and therefore can find no sympathy for them.

I am also unsure of how accurate any of the original thread is, as it was made by a new member who still hasnt made any other post's since this.

Who in this day and age has £20k to waste on a life altering.........................holliday?????????

Keep 'em comming

Chris

The original poster was probably a wind-up merchant to be honest.....but you did come down hard on her Chris :nah:

You trying to take my Crown:cute:

If you click on the option to see more posts by this user, she used to post under the name n-jayne-30 and seems to have gone through all the same visa stuff as all of us.

So it seems her post was genuine; maybe she doesn't come on the forum anymore because it all went wrong for her and her family.

Poirot (aka Mrs Tyke) x:wubclub:

Guest Jaynie
If you click on the option to see more posts by this user, she used to post under the name n-jayne-30 and seems to have gone through all the same visa stuff as all of us.

So it seems her post was genuine; maybe she doesn't come on the forum anymore because it all went wrong for her and her family.

Hercule.....you are the master:notworthy:

Guest jchrisj
The original poster was probably a wind-up merchant to be honest.....but you did come down hard on her Chris

You trying to take my Crown:cute:

No no no, just like to watch a proffesional at work!

And once in a while, throw a spanner in the works to see what happens!!!!!

But to be fare, reread her post and my first reply.:goofy:

Hugs

Chris

Guest Samantha1974

Well I have to agree with Chris, 2 weeks is no time at all, and if your going to fall at the first hurdle then maybe you didn't research the whole emigration thing at all. I wish you all the look but "2 WEEKS god that is ridiculous, You should always try and make a positive out of a negative.

Guest jchrisj

That's right, go on, try and make me feel guilty!

I know it's my fault that it always rains, i like to sing in the shower, I know the credit crunch is my fault, i decided to sell up and go to oz! Its my fault that Gordon brown is pm, i was on holliday and didnt vote. Everything in the world that is wrong,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,it's all my fault! I know this, coz she who must be obeyed tells me on a regular occaision.

As i say to her, drink more wine, it'll all hurt less!!!!!!!!

And if anyone is going to the Oldham meeting tomoz, i'll be the one with 101 knives in my back.......................................But that's all ok. Coz i got a case of stella to wrap myself around tonight.

Hugs to everyone

Chris x x x x x x x x:radar:

Guest Pinhead

I can remember how bad i felt after only 2 weeks of being in oz last time. You're incredibly homesick and even the slightest knock back can make you feel like throwing in the towel.

I'm sure this has a lot to do with the OP, after a few months things really do feel a lot better and you take these knock backs more in your stride.

2 weeks is too short to be making such a huge decision, the likelyhood is that you'd make the wrong decision purely on emotions rather than rational thought.

That's right, go on, try and make me feel guilty!

I know it's my fault that it always rains, i like to sing in the shower, I know the credit crunch is my fault, i decided to sell up and go to oz! Its my fault that Gordon brown is pm, i was on holliday and didnt vote. Everything in the world that is wrong,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,it's all my fault! I know this, coz she who must be obeyed tells me on a regular occaision.

As i say to her, drink more wine, it'll all hurt less!!!!!!!!

And if anyone is going to the Oldham meeting tomoz, i'll be the one with 101 knives in my back.......................................But that's all ok. Coz i got a case of stella to wrap myself around tonight.

Hugs to everyone

Chris x x x x x x x x:radar:

LOL, I love you too Chris:wubclub:

Mrs Tyke xx

Guest meganhannah

Gosh can't believe how difficult it is for electricians and plumbers, my OH a builder is things as difficult for him.

Jo

Guest guest12791
Hi n-jayne

Sorry to hear its not working out for you, but we have been in exactly the same boat............... my hubby's a plumber and they have the same problems with Registration & Licensing too. But going home after only 2 weeks... wow !!!!!!

The only people I know that have returned recently have been Sparkies or Plumbers, exactly because of that reason.

We've been here 7 months, it took my husband 3 months to actually get a provisional registration, 4 months to get work and still has his training and exams to do in September (all at a cost of course!), and all the time being paid below average salary, so he is working extra hours before and after work and saturdays too, just to get some money coming in!!!

Its not really what we came out here for............ but we have used alot of money up on this venture and cant afford to go back, so we're having to stay put and make it work, but its not easy!!!!

The upside is, All my kids are really happy & safer, our lifestyle has changed definately for the better, especially in the summer and it will get better for us once OH has all his qualifications, so at least we can see a future for us here.

But there should be a big big warning for these two trades, as its far from easy and you must be prepared to struggle for at least the first year.

Good luck to all.......... you'll need it!!! :yes:

Sally-ann

Hi there, my partner is a maintenance fitter, got permanent residency and TRA assessed qualifications, we were told to visit our agent on arrival regarding contacts for work etc. On arrival the agent couldnt be bothered and passed us on to recruitment agents, after paying 27 grand all in all for services! My partner applied for fifty sixty jobs, with no replies after spending 42 thousand and four months of heartache i called it a day and said we had to go home to reassess situation. Luckily my partner got his job back staright away with the company he had been with for a long time, its not just electricians who have problems fitters do too, its sad realy after spending lots of money the dream comes crashing down. Good luck if you return home, but you may be like us, we are saving to go back and give it another go, hopefully getting jobs before we go with a bit of luck.

take care

annemarie

Guest guest12791
Yeah I have to agree actually,give the girl a break!They need support not someone coming down heavy on them!You may feel the same when you get to Oz.

I think going on holiday to australia is completely differnt to going on holiday and i dont think anyone knows its for them until they go to live there. firstly when you go on holiday you know you will be returing home to family friends and familiar surroundings. saying goodbeye to everyone the emotions experienced leaving loved ones is indescribable. Then to arrive and find a place to live, (competing with other families for accomodation) and finding work oftyen isnt living the dream for many people. Often gutt feelings tell you straight away and no one can be put down if they make the decision to return home and that oz is not the place for them. Holidays are completely different! when reality hits that you are at the other side of the world, even though you have planned the journey for two years or more, no one knows how you will react. Everyone is different, good luck to everyone

Annemarie

I can remember how bad i felt after only 2 weeks of being in oz last time. You're incredibly homesick and even the slightest knock back can make you feel like throwing in the towel.

I'm sure this has a lot to do with the OP, after a few months things really do feel a lot better and you take these knock backs more in your stride.

2 weeks is too short to be making such a huge decision, the likelyhood is that you'd make the wrong decision purely on emotions rather than rational thought.

It just shows you how different people feel different in different time scales.

I loved it the first 4 months and then I beared it for the next 8 months then I wanted out of there.....But the house wasn't finished,so it becomes unbearable till you book your flights out of there...And you feel like the dukes of hazzard landing after that cross river twist jump!!!

Guest taffy 62
It just shows you how different people feel different in different time scales.

I loved it the first 4 months and then I beared it for the next 8 months then I wanted out of there.....But the house wasn't finished,so it becomes unbearable till you book your flights out of there...And you feel like the dukes of hazzard landing after that cross river twist jump!!![/quote

I have hated brisbane as you know, but now it doesnt seem so bad!!!!!!!!!

Hubby reckons its because I have the things booked for leaving this place thats why I like it now:jiggy:

Its a bit scarey though I think maybe its cause I have got over the culture shock it doesnt seem so bad, then think I hope I am doing the right thing!!!!

Guest jean58

my son went to adelaide SA last september as an electricain and all he had to do was a 6 week course at nightschool at a cost of $400 AD to get his licence. Hope this helps before you make any decicion to come home. jean58. PS he said it was quite easy and my other son did the same 8 years ago.

HI IM SO SORRY TO HEAR THIS. I KNOW THAT WHEN I FIRST CAME HERE NOW 6 WEEKS AGO (SEEMS LONGER) I WANTED TO GO HOME BUT WE STUCK IT OUT WE DONT HAVE JOBS YET AND WE GAVE UP ALOT I THINK EVERYONE GIVES UP SOMETHING, AND I WISH YOU ALL THE LUCK IN THE WORLD BUT AT LEAST YOU CAN SAY THAT YOUVE TRIED IT INSTEAD OF SITTING THERE THINKING WHAT COULD OF BEEN. LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING FROM YOU WHEN YOU GET BACK TO THE UK.

GOOD LUCK

PAULA:wubclub:

Guest guest12791
HI IM SO SORRY TO HEAR THIS. I KNOW THAT WHEN I FIRST CAME HERE NOW 6 WEEKS AGO (SEEMS LONGER) I WANTED TO GO HOME BUT WE STUCK IT OUT WE DONT HAVE JOBS YET AND WE GAVE UP ALOT I THINK EVERYONE GIVES UP SOMETHING, AND I WISH YOU ALL THE LUCK IN THE WORLD BUT AT LEAST YOU CAN SAY THAT YOUVE TRIED IT INSTEAD OF SITTING THERE THINKING WHAT COULD OF BEEN. LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING FROM YOU WHEN YOU GET BACK TO THE UK.

GOOD LUCK

PAULA:wubclub:

Hello , hope you find jobs soon and good luck with everything, i remember those feelings of wanting to go home, good on you for sticking it out. I returned to England after 4 months but regret it and want to try again, hopefully this time with an insight into all that awaits! Good luck once again

Annemarie

• 1 month later...

Can I ask if you know what the type of stuff the course covers for those having to do the course in Aus when they arrive.(the one over a year long)

To be clear are you saying that ALL of the certs you need can be done from the UK.

Obviously anything that can be done before you move out to Aus for good has to be cheaper.

It is obvious that the system is taking the piss as most sparks have been trading over 5 years and going back to a mate is a very bitter pill 10,000 miles from your comfort zone and as we all know for every good spark there is a poor one and being led by a cocky Oz is not really my cup of tea.

I also can remember how hard it was for 2 years as an adult apprentice trying to make ends meet.

My dreams of a new live would be swapped for a nightmare of even harder struggle if I had to take poor wages from the outset!!!!!!!!

Cheers

Tony

I expect She could not give a toss what you think to be honest Chris.....who are you to tell her that 2 weeks is not enough time for her or her family...I knew after 2 days Oz was not for me and 2 years later nothing has changed, you CAN tell after a few weeks if you like a place or not...it's just a gut feeling some people get straight away.

hi earlswood,

i am goin to the gold coast on a recci trip in jan for 4-6 weeks an like you said i am hoping that by that stage i will no if oz is for me, what baffles me about you is .. why are you still there if it is not for you or is that too personal ? if so sorry but i would hope that if it did not work out for me that i could come home again:yes:

hope i have not offended you by askin this but i have not been on the forum for a while an when i did come back on there is a few missin an i dont no why .. i take it there has been a bit of tension:shocked: so if you would be so kind to reply i will join your fan club with all the other ladies .....

cheers caza

Archived