Advice on Skill Assessment

Gowtham

I am current working as a management consultant (Supply chain and operations) close to completing one year.  I have finally got my employer to sponsor 186 (direct entry). 

I need some advice on getting skill assessment and which category should I apply ? 
All my career I have been involved in improving operations - before Australia it was in the manufacturing sector  , in Australia its in the health sector. 

I have an existing skill assessment as a production engineer, but haven't been able to get my work experience assessed previously.   

Can I use my skill assessment with Engineers Australia as production engineer and get my work experience also assessed  ? 
or
Should I get a new skills assessment as a Management consultant (operations) ?  both would cost me approximately the same. 

to lodge my 186 visa.

1 hour ago, Gowtham said:

I am current working as a management consultant (Supply chain and operations) close to completing one year.  I have finally got my employer to sponsor 186 (direct entry). 

I need some advice on getting skill assessment and which category should I apply ? 
All my career I have been involved in improving operations - before Australia it was in the manufacturing sector  , in Australia its in the health sector. 

I have an existing skill assessment as a production engineer, but haven't been able to get my work experience assessed previously.   

Can I use my skill assessment with Engineers Australia as production engineer and get my work experience also assessed  ? 
or
Should I get a new skills assessment as a Management consultant (operations) ?  both would cost me approximately the same. 

to lodge my 186 visa.

Have you actually checked the ANZSCO definition of a management consultant?

It's incredibly narrow and probably the most common career code to be rejected from as most people don't really use the term management consultant correctly.

Assuming you are a management consultant and not a technical consultant skewing their job to management consultant because it is always on the list of migration roles.

You will need 8 years of proven work experience in a management consultancy, and a degree, this in itself isn't easy to achieve and still be young enough to amass a decent points tally.

Now on to the assessment itself, I had to produce huge amounts of paperwork to evidence my experience as a management consultant, despite the fact I was (when applying) a director in one of the largest global management consultancies in the world and youtube/internet is littered with recordings of my conference presentations over about 15 years.

It isn't an easy path, but if you really are a management consultant you should be able to be successful...

Incidentally are you using a migration agent? The one thing that will single you out to the assessor as not being a true management consultant is if you can't see the benefit of employing experts to do the job for you (after all that is the only thing a management consultant actually does)...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gowtham said:

Your employer will need to engage a migration agent to complete their part of the visa application (they'd be very unwise to attempt it without an agent, unless they are highly experienced in visa applications.  The failure rate for companies who DIY is very high, because it's so complex).   That agent should consult with the company to agree what category is appropriate for the role they have available.

Edited by Marisawright
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Marisawright said:

Your employer will need to engage a migration agent to complete their part of the visa application (they'd be very unwise to attempt it without an agent, unless they are highly experienced in visa applications.  The failure rate for companies who DIY is very high, because it's so complex).   That agent should consult with the company to agree what category is appropriate for the role they have available.

Yes the company got its own lawyers 

9 hours ago, Ausvisitor said:

Have you actually checked the ANZSCO definition of a management consultant?

It's incredibly narrow and probably the most common career code to be rejected from as most people don't really use the term management consultant correctly.

Assuming you are a management consultant and not a technical consultant skewing their job to management consultant because it is always on the list of migration roles.

You will need 8 years of proven work experience in a management consultancy, and a degree, this in itself isn't easy to achieve and still be young enough to amass a decent points tally.

Now on to the assessment itself, I had to produce huge amounts of paperwork to evidence my experience as a management consultant, despite the fact I was (when applying) a director in one of the largest global management consultancies in the world and youtube/internet is littered with recordings of my conference presentations over about 15 years.

It isn't an easy path, but if you really are a management consultant you should be able to be successful...

Incidentally are you using a migration agent? The one thing that will single you out to the assessor as not being a true management consultant is if you can't see the benefit of employing experts to do the job for you (after all that is the only thing a management consultant actually does)...

Thanks for your response. 

Can you help me with the reference for 8 yrs work experience required for management consultant ? 

On 30/11/2021 at 11:43, Gowtham said:

or

to lodge my 186 visa.

If you are currently sponsored, the occupation you are sponsored under will be very important to how you proceed. 

If you are already represented by an Agent or Lawyer, you would be best to direct your questions to them, as they should know the relevant details of your case. 

• Like 1