Partner Visa

ljwalvin

Hi,

My mum had her 143 visa granted in Jan 2017 and is looking into sponsoring my dad as a spouse to coming to Australia permanently. I was hoping that anyone on this forum would be able to help us. As such, I have the following questions listed below.

1)In her 143 application, we made the mistake of saying we were unable to financially afford my dad's visa and hence left him out as a non-migrating spouse. He was still relatively young back then and wanted to continue to work. However, with age catching up and border restrictions, he would like to be reunited with us. Will the statement of not being able to financially afford in her original application be detrimental in anyway to his visa application? As such, would she be able to sponsor him as spouse?

2)In the department of immigration's website, there was 3 limitations that were listed by the department on 143 visa holders when it came to sponsoring a spouse.

• Not being able to sponsor a spouse if CPV was granted after 30/6/2009
  • the applicant was your spouse or de facto partner before we granted you that visa, and
  • It has been since less than 5 years since the grant of visa.

As such, I was hoping if someone would be able to shed light on whether she is eligible to be a sponsor since is approaching the end of her initial 5 years as a PR.

3)Her visa was granted in Jan 2017 but didn't make her initial entry until Feb 2017. However, she was here on an electronic travel authority prior to that. If eligible, should the application begin in Jan or Feb 2022?

4)My dad would ideally make an onshore application but would have to return back to finish up his work before he retires. Is there a timeline/time frame on how long a bridging visa B can be granted for?

Any input would be much appreciated.

Definitely hire an agent.  Paul is a reputable agent so I'd suggest getting a quote from him.

She would be eligible to apply for the partner visa because it has now been 5 years since she got her own visa. However, there is one BIG snag.  If Immigration decides that she lied on her visa application, then that's visa fraud and she could lose her visa altogether.  So you need to tread very carefully and an agent will know the best course of action.

• Like 1