190 wait times

TheBs

Hey, 

Can anyone give me an average of the length of time you've waited between submitting you EOI and being invited to apply for a visa?

Particularly any nurses. I realise covid is slowing things down too. So just after an average length of time. Aus immigration site is saying anywhere from 5-20months.

Thanks in advance

My goodness! 

So if I'm reading that right the EOI time potentially could only be a month in some cases.

Then once invited to apply for visa you get 60days to do so, that process though is what the immi site is saying could be anywhere between 5 and 20 months 

6 hours ago, TheBs said:

Hey, 

Can anyone give me an average of the length of time you've waited between submitting you EOI and being invited to apply for a visa?

Particularly any nurses. I realise covid is slowing things down too. So just after an average length of time. Aus immigration site is saying anywhere from 5-20months.

Thanks in advance

Hi,

Not a nurse but an OT. I waited approx 5 months for an invite after submitting eoi but my points were only 70 and I'm offshore.  

On 07/11/2021 at 12:46, TheBs said:

My goodness! 

So if I'm reading that right the EOI time potentially could only be a month in some cases.

Then once invited to apply for visa you get 60days to do so, that process though is what the immi site is saying could be anywhere between 5 and 20 months 

I'm not a nurse, but we had an invite from NSW to apply for 190 sponsorship within 24 hours of submitting EOI.

Visa granted a few months later, we will be there in February

• Congratulations 1

22 minutes ago, Pooja Negi said:

I'm a nurse and at the time of submitting my first EOI with 85 points, I waited for around 7 months before my points got updated to 90 and then within 10 days of updated points, I got my invitation for 190 from VIC

Thanks Pooja 

Why did your points get updated to 90? I have 85 points at the moment

20 hours ago, TheBs said:

Thanks Pooja 

Why did your points get updated to 90? I have 85 points at the moment

Hello @TheBs

My points got updated from 85 to 90 because I completed 5 years of experience in home country in the meantime and the skillselect updated my points automatically to 90.

Are you offshore or onshore atm?

Edited by Pooja Negi

19 minutes ago, Pooja Negi said:

Hello @TheBs

My points got updated from 85 to 90 because I completed 5 years of experience in home country in the meantime and the skillselect updated my points automatically to 90.

Are you offshore or onshore atm?

Hmmm thank you, I'm not sure I can get that extra 5 points from anywhere I've done 8+ yrs already.

Nevermind I'll have to wait it out. Thanks 

4 hours ago, TheBs said:

Hmmm thank you, I'm not sure I can get that extra 5 points from anywhere I've done 8+ yrs already.

Nevermind I'll have to wait it out. Thanks 

Oh okay! Do you have any option to increase points like english test, NAATI CCL, etc? If not then yeah will have to wait which is frustrating!!

Just jumping on this thread - not a nurse but a midwife and only submitted our ROI for VIC last week. Been onshore since September on the TSS. Hoping we get an invite soon as not having PR makes life here extremely expensive!! But some of my colleagues have been here for several years on various visas and are still waiting for an invite since submitting their ROI in March/April this year! Also, I only have 80 points, which doesn't seem to count for much in the latest round of invitations as 85 has been the lowest score for invites for health professionals in VIC.