Brisbane see's huge growth rate

calNgary

Brisbane is booming as babies are born and southerners began to flee lockdowns for the Sunshine State’s (usually) COVID-free lifestyle.

Brisbane’s population grew by 1.9 per cent during 2019-20, recording the highest growth rate of all capital cities, according to new Australian Bureau of Statistics data.

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/brisbane-news/brisbane-records-fastest-growth-of-any-australian-capital-city-20210330-p57fdl.html

Pimpama and Caloundra are 2 of the biggest growth areas, which is easy to imagine when you see all the development and new housing estates. I do have a soft spot for Caloundra, it just seems to have everything you can need and prices are still reasonable.

Cal x

11 minutes ago, calNgary said:

Brisbane is booming as babies are born and southerners began to flee lockdowns for the Sunshine State’s (usually) COVID-free lifestyle.

Brisbane’s population grew by 1.9 per cent during 2019-20, recording the highest growth rate of all capital cities, according to new Australian Bureau of Statistics data.

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/brisbane-news/brisbane-records-fastest-growth-of-any-australian-capital-city-20210330-p57fdl.html

Pimpama and Caloundra are 2 of the biggest growth areas, which is easy to imagine when you see all the development and new housing estates. I do have a soft spot for Caloundra, it just seems to have everything you can need and prices are still reasonable.

Cal x

They’re welcome to it!

23 hours ago, calNgary said:

Cal x

I imagine Pimpama is still fairly cheap as it's a halfway-house suburb, but Caloundra no more. You can't buy a two-bedroom apartment here for under half a million. We owned our property outright in the UK - now our equity is a 50% deposit on a (pretty average) house here. There's no way anyone could afford to buy on the Sunshine Coast on a $25/hour job, which most jobs here pay, even if both of you are working.

We live on Kings Beach and it's mostly apartments. I would say that occupancy rates are a third to a half most of the time. During the week the place seems deserted, which is nice for us of course, but it's all wrong given the current accommodation shortage along the coast. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Wanderer Returns said:

I imagine Pimpama is still fairly cheap as it's a halfway-house suburb, but Caloundra no more. You can't buy a two-bedroom apartment here for under half a million. We owned our property outright in the UK - now our equity is a 50% deposit on a (pretty average) house here. There's no way anyone could afford to buy on the Sunshine Coast on a $25/hour job, which most jobs here pay, even if both of you are working.

We live on Kings Beach and it's mostly apartments. I would say that occupancy rates are a third to a half most of the time. During the week the place seems deserted, which is nice for us of course, but it's all wrong given the current accommodation shortage along the coast. 

$500,000 equates to 275.000 UK pds.

My local son has just bought a detached immaculate 4 bed, 2 bathrooms house 2car garage, with a good size garden in Sippy Downs, near good school, university, good shops cost the equivalent of 353,251 UK pounds. I

My other son lives in a suburb of Bristol lives in an equally immaculate 1930’s semi, with 4th bedroom loft extension, 2 bathrooms, garage too small for a car, similar size garden, (4th bedroom only large enough for a cot, as part of the room lost to the new staircase) have been offered a daft 750,000 pds. Good schools, good local shops. Now that’s expensive.

Its difficult to compare house prices as it depends where you have move from, as against where you want to live in Australia.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, ramot said:

Its difficult to compare house prices as it depends where you have move from, as against where you want to live in Australia.

So true. Sydney is basically double the price of everywhere else except Melbourne, for one thing. Same applies in the UK too of course 

• Like 1