We made it!

Dorsetbrit

58 minutes ago, SusieRoo said:

Good luck with your move, we hope to be doing the same soon (Melbourne via quarantine in Sydney). Can I ask what it costs the ship your dog with pet air? And will your dog be flying directly to Melbourne?

No direct flight from UK to Mel either via Singapore or Doha at the moment with a stopover of 17-24 hours. Presently these the only airlines flying pets from UK far as I know but things obviously can change at any time.

Prices will depend on size of your dog and package you choose they can easily give you a specific quote. We found pet air competitive and service has been really good too. 

• Like 1

I’ve read and enjoyed many posts on this forum, but to see someone break the rules and put people’s health at risk regardless of their own result is disgusting and it doesn’t matter how much money was on the line, there’s an intent to break the rules that Australia puts in place to protect their residents.  It’s not only defrauding the UK regulations, Australian regulations, but also moral obligations which clearly Dorsetbrit doesn’t have.  

Shame on you!

• Like 6

On 27/02/2021 at 22:52, Heading4Tassie said:

No direct flight from UK to Mel either via Singapore or Doha at the moment with a stopover of 17-24 hours. Presently these the only airlines flying pets from UK far as I know but things obviously can change at any time.

Prices will depend on size of your dog and package you choose they can easily give you a specific quote. We found pet air competitive and service has been really good too. 

Don't think there ever was a direct flight was there.

The furthest the current planes can go was London to Perth I thought.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Parley said:

Don't think there ever was a direct flight was there.

The furthest the current planes can go was London to Perth I thought.

That's right.  The Qantas Melbourne flight sometimes technically has the same flight number the whole way from London to Melbourne but it stops in Perth for a few hours for a pit stop.

• Like 1

@Dorsetbrit congratulations on getting here - where are you planning to settle? I wish you and your family all the best for your new life down under! 👍

You are probably feeling bad receiving all these negative comments regarding your wife dodging the test. This isn't the best forum to have posted an admission like that to be honest, as there are many PiO members who are elderly/vulnerable who will have taken it quite personally. Apart from those in Melbourne, most Australians really have no idea what people in the UK have gone through in the last year. By comparison, we've been living the dream over here. They have no idea how hard it still is to get flights into Australia, never mind having to coordinate the logistics of a property sale and house move with all the restrictions in place. My wife and I have just gone through this ourselves, and what should've taken 3-4 months took 15 months in the end.

In principle I don't agree with what you did, but in practice it was necessary because there are times when family comes first. The complications of you missing that flight would have had dire consequences for you. You were all in quarantine for 14 days on arrival and received further covid tests anyway, so the risk to the Australian public was infinitesimal small. However, if I was you I would never mention this again to anyone, and I would change your username on this forum. (It wouldn't be too hard for the authorities to identify a Brit from Dorset arriving on the dates you mentioned!). Technically, you have entered Australia illegally and if the ABF ever found out you could face serious consequences.

@DavidIII you've posted numerous questions on this forum and have been provided with some very helpful advice by it's members, yet you haven't acknowledged this. It would be nice to see you making a positive contribution to the forum rather than just calling other members out. I say shame on you, and those of you who think they are 'judge and jury' in this matter.

• Like 3

On 25/02/2021 at 16:35, Paul1Perth said:

When you get out of quarantine a couple of great things to do that won't cost much at all are.

1. Have a walk with the family, probably starting at the opera house if you're in the CBD, through the botanic gardens following the harbour wall to Woolloomooloo. You can go up to Kings Cross from there if you like but Woolloomooloo is nice for a few restaurants and pubs.

2. Go to Bondi on public transport and do the coastal walk. Spend a bit of time on the beach if the weathers good. Check out the bar at the Icebergs pool, to the right of the beach as you look out to sea. It's members only but you can sign in and get a day pass as visitors. Cheap beer, good food and an amazing view along Bondi. Don't confuse it with the very expensive restaurant on the top floor though, make sure you go in the club door. If you're a swimmer the pools great.

3. Walk over the bridge on the normal footpath. Still great views and nice walks on the far side of the river. Again, a nice pool if you fancy a swim. 

4. Ferry fro Darling Harbour to Manly. Very cheap and a beautiful trip. Manly is very nice too.

None of these will cost a lot and would be a nice way to ease into Sydney. Forgot to mention the zoo, very good and ferries are cheap to see up and down the river and the harbour. It's a spectacular City.

I would add to that excellent list, taking the ferry to Watsons Bay and doing the lovely walk to Australia's first lighthouse at Sydney Heads - stunning city views at sunset! 😊

• Like 2

On 06/03/2021 at 12:32, Wanderer Returns said:

@Dorsetbrit congratulations on getting here - where are you planning to settle? I wish you and your family all the best for your new life down under! 👍

You are probably feeling bad receiving all these negative comments regarding your wife dodging the test. This isn't the best forum to have posted an admission like that to be honest, as there are many PiO members who are elderly/vulnerable who will have taken it quite personally. Apart from those in Melbourne, most Australians really have no idea what people in the UK have gone through in the last year. By comparison, we've been living the dream over here. They have no idea how hard it still is to get flights into Australia, never mind having to coordinate the logistics of a property sale and house move with all the restrictions in place. My wife and I have just gone through this ourselves, and what should've taken 3-4 months took 15 months in the end.

In principle I don't agree with what you did, but in practice it was necessary because there are times when family comes first. The complications of you missing that flight would have had dire consequences for you. You were all in quarantine for 14 days on arrival and received further covid tests anyway, so the risk to the Australian public was infinitesimal small. However, if I was you I would never mention this again to anyone, and I would change your username on this forum. (It wouldn't be too hard for the authorities to identify a Brit from Dorset arriving on the dates you mentioned!). Technically, you have entered Australia illegally and if the ABF ever found out you could face serious consequences.

@DavidIII you've posted numerous questions on this forum and have been provided with some very helpful advice by it's members, yet you haven't acknowledged this. It would be nice to see you making a positive contribution to the forum rather than just calling other members out. I say shame on you, and those of you who think they are 'judge and jury' in this matter.

What a strange post.

As you have suggested, all of us have been "living the dream" and believe it or not, we would like to keep it that way. I am missing something?

I am amazed that you are almost complicit in the fact of the cheating actions of Dorsetbrit by suggesting that he cheat further by keeping his cheating intentions secret from now on, and subsequently advising Dorsetbrit that he change his username on this forum. I'll go one better and suggest that he be banned. 

The Judge and Jury, as you put it are the Australian people, like me. You remember us don't you? We were the folk who backed the PM and became compliant in shutting the continental border almost 12 months ago, and also shutting ourselves off from other Australians. I mean, those particular issues are all over the PIO forum.

People coming from the UK the USA and South America are subject to strict controls. Why? Well, because they had nothing to comply with. They were given poor directions to comply with 12 months ago when it would have been advantageous to counter the spread of Covid in their respective countries. Dorsetbrit is the worst example of this.  We do not want compliant-averse immigrants like Dordetbrit. We do not want cheats like Dorsetbrit and we do not want other Brits in Australia egging them on.

• Like 2