Resident Return Visa 155/157

Expatriate123

Hi appreciate if anyone can provide some clarity on the rules.

The travel facility on my PR expires end of Nov2020. I applied for RRV last week of August and submitted the docs to demonstrating my ties to Australia. The global processing time reflected in my ImmiAccount is 5 to 68 days which was last week and I have not heard back from authorities anything yet.

Anyone hanging in similat situation

What steps should I initiate to obtain a response

Welcome your thoughts please

E

Thanks Marisa

I am currently offshore, and unfortunately do not meet the 2 year requirement. I have explained in a detailed request letter on circumstances based on which I had to move out of Australia before even 2 years. Fingers crossed.

Is there a way that I can contact the authorities and will it impact the decision if I do contact them by telephone or email

If you do not meet the residency requirement, then you MUST prove that you have strong ties to Australia, of benefit to the country.

If you cannot demonstrate strong ties, then they do not even consider your reasons for leaving.   What are your strong ties?

In your shoes, i would be moving heaven and earth to get a flight before your RRV expires.

Edited by Marisawright
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Marisawright said:

If you do not meet the residency requirement, then you MUST prove that you have strong ties to Australia, of benefit to the country.

If you cannot demonstrate strong ties, then they do not even consider your reasons for leaving.   What are your strong ties?

In your shoes, i would be moving heaven and earth to get a flight before your RRV expires.

9 hours ago, Expatriate123 said:

I am currently offshore, and unfortunately do not meet the 2 year requirement. I have explained in a detailed request letter on circumstances based on which I had to move out of Australia before even 2 years. Fingers crossed.

Is there a way that I can contact the authorities and will it impact the decision if I do contact them by telephone or email

... and provide them with information on any substantial ties you have to Australia.

These types of application are generally taking around 3 months to finalise at the moment.

Thanks

Currently I have funded a 3rd of capital on my friends restaurant business that he opened in a Mall in a Melbourne.

Apart from thag I have transferred my siginificant savinga into an Australian bank account that I opened just start of 2020 in anticipation that I will relocate by mid 2020. And unfortunately due to the travel restrictions it is hanging. Moreover, I am bit hesitant to travel during these times with my 3 year old, travelling more than 20hrs

1 hour ago, Expatriate123 said:

Thanks

Currently I have funded a 3rd of capital on my friends restaurant business that he opened in a Mall in a Melbourne.

Apart from thag I have transferred my siginificant savinga into an Australian bank account that I opened just start of 2020 in anticipation that I will relocate by mid 2020. And unfortunately due to the travel restrictions it is hanging. Moreover, I am bit hesitant to travel during these times with my 3 year old, travelling more than 20hrs

I don't think investing money in Australian counts as a tie.   You're just a foreign investor.  If you had a share of the business, you were involved in the running of it (from a distance) and were planning to work in the business when you arrive, that would be a different story. 

I know it's a challenge to travel in these times but you only have to look at these forums to see that many people are doing it.  The flight itself is actually more comfortable than usual, since the plane is half empty.  I know quarantine with a small child won't be fun, but you need to seriously consider that you may be throwing away your chance to live in Australia.

• Like 2

Hi,

I applied for a RRV this year, I didn’t meet the residence requirement (thought I did) so I ticked the box saying I did by mistake (I was under a couple of months). So I didn’t write anything about any ties (but didn’t have any anyway). 

I received a 1 year RRv. 

You could email them at the RRV dept as sometimes people get answers by emailing-let them know it’s expiring soon so you need to know.. you may at least get 3 months which is better than this month. 

residentsreturn@homeaffairs.gov.au

On 06/11/2020 at 07:29, Marisawright said:

I don't think investing money in Australian counts as a tie.   You're just a foreign investor.  If you had a share of the business, you were involved in the running of it (from a distance) and were planning to work in the business when you arrive, that would be a different story. 

I know it's a challenge to travel in these times but you only have to look at these forums to see that many people are doing it.  The flight itself is actually more comfortable than usual, since the plane is half empty.  I know quarantine with a small child won't be fun, but you need to seriously consider that you may be throwing away your chance to live in Australia.

Marisa is right about the flights, we had an empty seat next to us both flights from the UK so my girls (9 & 4) just lay down and fell asleep. Covid did us a favour for once.

Qaurantine wont be going anywhere soon and it isnt as bad as it sounds (we did 4 weeks), and it is all worth while in the end.

Edited by Lavers
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Lavers said:

Marisa is right about the flights, we had an empty seat next to us both flights from the UK so my girls (9 & 4) just lay down and fell asleep. Covid did us a favour for once.

Qaurantine wont be going anywhere soon and it isnt as bad as it sounds (we did 4 weeks), and it is all worth while in the end.

I agree and I’d think quarantine with a three year old would be far easier than with certain other ages. Everything’s fun at that age so activity toys, sticker/colouring  books, some coloured paper and scissors to make a big mess with and kids programmes/movies and you’re there. Easy to throw in a morning and afternoon fun dance and exercise half hour to music session too. A nice bath early evening and a good story and they’re in bed.  Bottle of wine and chill for the parents then. Far easier than a teenager who would spend the 2 weeks telling you how boring it is. 

• Like 2

On 05/11/2020 at 21:24, paulhand said:
On 08/11/2020 at 03:26, Jojobluesox2 said:

Hi,

I applied for a RRV this year, I didn’t meet the residence requirement (thought I did) so I ticked the box saying I did by mistake (I was under a couple of months). So I didn’t write anything about any ties (but didn’t have any anyway). 

I received a 1 year RRv. 

You could email them at the RRV dept as sometimes people get answers by emailing-let them know it’s expiring soon so you need to know.. you may at least get 3 months which is better than this month. 

residentsreturn@homeaffairs.gov.au

Hi thanks for your info

Just received grant notification for an year

On 05/11/2020 at 21:24, paulhand said:

... and provide them with information on any substantial ties you have to Australia.

These types of application are generally taking around 3 months to finalise at the moment.

• 2 years later...
On 05/11/2020 at 16:56, Marisawright said:

Totally agree