491 visa processing time

Gary102

10 minutes ago, kimboslice said:

Hi Paul

My son was granted a 491 visa as a skilled plumber (queensland) back in january, do you have any idea if they will extend the 5 year needed to earn the aquired amount per year as he will only have 3 years estimated to hit the target.

The PR transition from the 491 is three years of employment/residence.  They have made some, fairly small, concessions for the 489 to 887 transition, so it's not impossible that something may be offered at some point, but I have seen nothing concrete yet as this is still very much a hypothetical situation.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, NicMan said:

Cheers, saving the champagne for when there's an avenue into the country. 

We've got until October next year to activate, which brings up it's own challenges.

If they have granted the visa - then a travel exemption would be logical next step.

• Like 2

On 28/10/2020 at 17:17, paulhand said:

The PR transition from the 491 is three years of employment/residence.  They have made some, fairly small, concessions for the 489 to 887 transition, so it's not impossible that something may be offered at some point, but I have seen nothing concrete yet as this is still very much a hypothetical situation.

Hi Paul, 

Could you please share what concessions are made for the 489 to 887 transition? and is applicable for those who are loosing an year in 489? 

I got my 489 SA grant in Nov 2019 and I haven't made my first entry yet. I am aware of the letter published for all 489 visa holder on waiving the no later than entry date which is Nov 2020 for me. I lost one year already and not sure how much more I need to wait, but would be good to know how the process of moving from 489 to 887 would be for people who are loosing time due to this.  

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have any insights in to processing times lately or know of any non-priority occupation grants?  I note that it has changed from 63 days-3 months to 73 days-4 months now.  I lodged for 491 visa for Plumber SA state nomination in August 2020 and I have uploaded medicals etc. I understand that borders are closed so there would be no hurry for non-priority occupations.  My visa application doesn't have a case officer assigned as yet.  Does anyone know if the 73 days processing time start from time of visa lodgment or from when case officer is assigned?  

46 minutes ago, RD there is light said:

Does anyone have any insights in to processing times lately or know of any non-priority occupation grants?  I note that it has changed from 63 days-3 months to 73 days-4 months now.  I lodged for 491 visa for Plumber SA state nomination in August 2020 and I have uploaded medicals etc. I understand that borders are closed so there would be no hurry for non-priority occupations.  My visa application doesn't have a case officer assigned as yet.  Does anyone know if the 73 days processing time start from time of visa lodgment or from when case officer is assigned?  

It should be from visa lodgement but with the pandemic those processing times are fantasy. I lodged my application back in March and still nothing. Unless a vaccine is found I don't think any offshore grants will be issued to non priority until at least July next year

On 03/10/2020 at 19:09, Fitter migrant said:

I've been waiting on a request for police checks and medicals for 7 months. I'm not hopeful that I'm gonna make it. How long can life be on hold. We got invited by NSW around January. Covid has really screwed us up. Its pretty upsetting TBH. 

I reckon they still process visa back in April.

On 16/11/2020 at 12:25, angie76 said:

We are waiting on hearing on a 491 Visa, Husband is a Nurse so really hoping we hear something soon as otherwise we will be too old by next summer 😞

Are you waiting to hear if you will be invited or to hear if your application after being invited to apply is granted.

If its waiting to hear on the GRANT, then age is now irrelevant as the "age-clock" stops at the point of lodging application for an VISA (this means your EOI has been accepted and as a result IMMI have asked you to apply for the VISA)

On 11/11/2020 at 18:22, Eagle2020 said:

It should be from visa lodgement but with the pandemic those processing times are fantasy. I lodged my application back in March and still nothing. Unless a vaccine is found I don't think any offshore grants will be issued to non priority until at least July next year

Thanks for that.  I'll go with lodgment date and checking global processing times recently, looks like it has been pushed out further to 6=8 months.  If you lodged in March, then I'm at least six months behind you in the queue.  Guess we wait and see.

Are you waiting to hear if you will be invited or to hear if your application after being invited to apply is granted.

If its waiting to hear on the GRANT, then age is now irrelevant as the "age-clock" stops at the point of lodging application for an VISA (this means your EOI has been accepted and as a result IMMI have asked you to apply for the VISA)

Yes it's our invitation we are waiting for, hence will be too old it we don't get invited. Hoping his high points might get him plucked out of the list in time. Not really believing it will happen though.

11 minutes ago, angie76 said:

If its waiting to hear on the GRANT, then age is now irrelevant as the "age-clock" stops at the point of lodging application for an VISA

As I said 2 posts above, the “age clock” stops when you are invited to apply, not when you apply, for the visa. 

• 2 months later...
On 22/11/2020 at 13:02, RD there is light said:

Thanks for that.  I'll go with lodgment date and checking global processing times recently, looks like it has been pushed out further to 6=8 months.  If you lodged in March, then I'm at least six months behind you in the queue.  Guess we wait and see.

Hi all,

Pleased to advise and give hope to those that are waiting on grants.  I was granted 491 visa on 5 Feb!!  I am offshore, though do not have an exemption to travel as non-critical occupation.  I will update my timeline.  Thought this may help others who are still waiting.  Just hang on in there like we did, and when least expected (especially with all the comments in forum about 491 visas, offshore applciants and non-critical occupations), you will wake you to the email you have been waiting for!

7 hours ago, RD there is light said:

Hi all,

Pleased to advise and give hope to those that are waiting on grants.  I was granted 491 visa on 5 Feb!!  I am offshore, though do not have an exemption to travel as non-critical occupation.  I will update my timeline.  Thought this may help others who are still waiting.  Just hang on in there like we did, and when least expected (especially with all the comments in forum about 491 visas, offshore applciants and non-critical occupations), you will wake you to the email you have been waiting for!

Congratulations! I bet that’s a relief!

To be honest I’m really shocked that you’re offshore and non critical occupation. I assumed everything was on hold until borders opened back up!

Best of luck with your move. At least you have something to celebrate in this horrible lockdown 🍾

43 minutes ago, Conyo2588 said:

To be honest I’m really shocked that you’re offshore and non critical occupation. I assumed everything was on hold until borders opened back up!

Best of luck with your move. At least you have something to celebrate in this horrible lockdown 🍾

Does anyone know what there occupation is ?

5 minutes ago, Conyo2588 said:

I hope so too! We applied roughly the same time, under my partners occupation, wall and floor tiler

Which occupation have you applied under?

I'm a painter and decorator. We submitted our application on March 10th, paid visa fee and then boarders were closed

On 31/10/2020 at 05:02, Skhush said:

Hi Paul, 

Could you please share what concessions are made for the 489 to 887 transition? and is applicable for those who are loosing an year in 489? 

I got my 489 SA grant in Nov 2019 and I haven't made my first entry yet. I am aware of the letter published for all 489 visa holder on waiving the no later than entry date which is Nov 2020 for me. I lost one year already and not sure how much more I need to wait, but would be good to know how the process of moving from 489 to 887 would be for people who are loosing time due to this.  

Hi,

With the current pandemic, DIBP is fully aware of the issues visa holders are facing plus it's Australia's decision to shut the borders for non-PR so technically its out of your control even if you want to come back they will not let you in. Concessions have already been to some visas but I think at this stage, I'd suggest don't worry too much about your 887, I'm sure there are lots of others in similar situation like you. Remember, Australia can't close its borders forever. All the best!

On 07/02/2021 at 18:23, Conyo2588 said:

Thanks Conyo2588!  Such a huge relief!  It was a daily discussion as to when we were likely to get an outcome.  I sympathise with all that are waiting still.  Shame that there seems no real logic with regard to which occupations they grant for.  Like I mentioned, as mine was offshore and non-critical, I was going on the global processing timeline of 6-8 months, and for my case it was 168 days from time of visa lodgment.  We front loaded our medicals soon after lodgment and also PCCs.  It was only late Nov they asked for new PCCs based on my wife's maiden name which we did, and uploaded mid December.

Now it the challenge of when travel restrictions can be lifted and we can plan our move.  In the meantime, at least we can start some planning at home, look at surburbs, schools, jobs etc and get ourselves 'ready' as best as we can.

• 2 weeks later...

Visa Update - We just got our 491 Visas Granted last week from Offshore

Occupation - Cabler (Telecoms and Data) 342411

95 Points (80 + 15 for State Nomination)

SA State Nomination Submitted - 28 January 2020

SA State Nomination Granted - 24 June 2020

491 Visa Lodged - 20 July 2020

Medicals Completed - 4 August 2020

CO Contact - Request for Additional Documents - 9 December 2020

491 Visa Granted - 18 February 2021

Hoping that the Border restrictions are relaxed later in the year and we can finally get there!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, martnLFC said:

Visa Update - We just got our 491 Visas Granted last week from Offshore

Occupation - Cabler (Telecoms and Data) 342411

95 Points (80 + 15 for State Nomination)

SA State Nomination Submitted - 28 January 2020

SA State Nomination Granted - 24 June 2020

491 Visa Lodged - 20 July 2020

Medicals Completed - 4 August 2020

CO Contact - Request for Additional Documents - 9 December 2020

491 Visa Granted - 18 February 2021

Hoping that the Border restrictions are relaxed later in the year and we can finally get there!

Congratulations!

Thanks for updating on your journey, it’s providing a small glimmer of hope for those of us still waiting 😊

Best of luck with your move!