Has 491 visa closed for offshore?

ZakiaNawaz

Hi,

I am planning to submit an EOI soon in this month of September. I heard from few places that 491 applications has been closed for offshore applicants however, I have not yet come across such an announcement from any official body.

Can anybody share some knowledge regarding this corcern of mine?

Thank you.

On 03/09/2020 at 04:28, ZakiaNawaz said:

Hi,

I am planning to submit an EOI soon in this month of September. I heard from few places that 491 applications has been closed for offshore applicants however, I have not yet come across such an announcement from any official body.

Can anybody share some knowledge regarding this corcern of mine?

Thank you.

Most of the states have now got interim quota for 190/491 until 6th Oct, 2020. So, they will be sending few invitations only for critical care occupations. Most of the states have posted the official announcement on their website, so please check for each state. Also, hope for offshore applicant as of now is NEGLIGIBLE. Maybe things improves post budget announcement. Best of Luck!

25 minutes ago, Pooja Negi said:

Most of the states have now got interim quota for 190/491 until 6th Oct, 2020. So, they will be sending few invitations only for critical care occupations. Most of the states have posted the official announcement on their website, so please check for each state. Also, hope for offshore applicant as of now is NEGLIGIBLE. Maybe things improves post budget announcement. Best of Luck!

Have you received your visa grant yet?