Exemption granted but still waiting for visa!

tkitch

On 14/08/2020 at 17:51, paulhand said:

Give them a short while and then a nudge ...

Hi Paul, on Monday DHA asked for a couple more docs which I uploaded immediately. Now showing as further assessment....assuming all documentation is correct when you think I’ll receive grant? Thanks 

On 20/08/2020 at 12:33, tkitch said:

Hi Paul, on Monday DHA asked for a couple more docs which I uploaded immediately. Now showing as further assessment....assuming all documentation is correct when you think I’ll receive grant? Thanks 

Did your visa come through yet?

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Cainey said:

Are only health care staff getting grants before even getting visas? Any teachers who have already got temp visas getting exemptions to travel ? 

I don't think we've seen any teachers getting exemptions here. There are thousands of temporary visa holders stuck overseas currently.  Their exemptions are being refused even though they have their main residence, partner and children in Australia. It's an awful situation.

The Home Affairs page is now pretty clear about who qualifies for an exemption, and teaching isn't on the list:

https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/critical-skills-and-sectors

Edited by Marisawright

1 hour ago, Cainey said:

I know I don’t understand how people with visas are not been allowed in but yet people waiting for visa are saying yes you are allowed in. Perth has one of the least need for health care workers. 

If someone waiting for a temporary visa is being told they are allowed in, someone is telling them lies (unless they are on the priority list).  I agree, as it stands right now, I'm not sure why WA would prioritise health workers - but I think the point is, the whole country is still preparing for the possibility that the virus will suddenly get out of control. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Marisawright said:

If someone waiting for a temporary visa is being told they are allowed in, someone is telling them lies (unless they are on the priority list).  I agree, as it stands right now, I'm not sure why WA would prioritise health workers - but I think the point is, the whole country is still preparing for the possibility that the virus will suddenly get out of control. 

Tell me about It I am a nurse in ICU working in WA, we are all just waiting for the next wave to come, but fingers crossed it won’t happen. My Daughter has state sponsored visa, which was granted January but is unable to enter the country at this present time and can just see the 4 years of her visa ticking away . 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cainey said:

Tell me about It I am a nurse in ICU working in WA, we are all just waiting for the next wave to come, but fingers crossed it won’t happen. My Daughter has state sponsored visa, which was granted January but is unable to enter the country at this present time and can just see the 4 years of her visa ticking away . 

Has your daughter requested exemption to travel?

Edited by Green
Grammar

• 3 weeks later...

Hello ! 

Yesterday i applied for a travel exemption, it was approved this morning. Is there something i need to do on my offshore 482 application ? it was lodged 1 month ago, i want to know if i have to update my application with this grand or is not necessary ?

Also, do you think the travel exemption will speed up my TSS 482 application ? Thank you.

On 21/09/2020 at 20:07, canard_pc said:

Hello ! 

Yesterday i applied for a travel exemption, it was approved this morning. Is there something i need to do on my offshore 482 application ? it was lodged 1 month ago, i want to know if i have to update my application with this grand or is not necessary ?

Also, do you think the travel exemption will speed up my TSS 482 application ? Thank you.

congrats for u got exemption. 

can i ask what is ur occupation?  

TIA

Never mind

got the answer from Home Affairs COVID Exemptions page

Critical skills and sectors

Australia has strict border measures in place to protect the health of the Australian community. Very limited flights are currently available to and from Australia. If you are granted a travel exemption, you may not be able to travel at this time. Travel restrictions are subject to change. Please check back regularly. See: National Cabinet media statement.

All travellers arriving in Australia, including Australian citizens, are subject to mandatory quarantine for 14 days at a designated facility, such as a hotel, in their port of arrival. See Coronavirus (COVID-19) advice for travellers. You may be required to pay for the costs of your quarantine. To find out more about quarantine requirements, contact the relevant state or territory government health department.

7 hours ago, SWMOY04 said:

does the exemption then mean expedited travel

Just asking for my own knowledge, considering there are citizens who are stuck abroad basically in a "queue" due to the allowed incoming numbers at airports?

I hope this question makes sense

No it doesn't  - the Government is not picking who the airlines uplift. That seems to be down to how much you are willing to pay!

• Like 1