Exemption granted but still waiting for visa!

tkitch

I had my travel exemption granted (Wednesday this week) to leave early September, however my visa still showing as received. Submitted April27th so past with the 3 months processing time for a 491 State regional. Has anyone else been or in this situation? And if so how long did it take for visa to be granted once exemption was approved. Thanks 

2 hours ago, tkitch said:

I had my travel exemption granted (Wednesday this week) to leave early September, however my visa still showing as received. Submitted April27th so past with the 3 months processing time for a 491 State regional. Has anyone else been or in this situation? And if so how long did it take for visa to be granted once exemption was approved. Thanks 

Unless things have changed recently, I was under the impression that they weren’t allowing 491’s into the country. Has this now changed?

8 minutes ago, tkitch said:

If you’ve got a critical skill/job then yes. I’m an RN and have a job lined up which was supposed to start June 1st. My employer wrote me a reference for the need of me to come to Australia which secured it I think! 

Ah ok, that makes sense. Well good luck with it all! Hopefully you’ll get the answers you need soon!

7 hours ago, tkitch said:

If you’ve got a critical skill/job then yes. I’m an RN and have a job lined up which was supposed to start June 1st. My employer wrote me a reference for the need of me to come to Australia which secured it I think! 

Well done on securing a position! I'm surprised but pleased for you that you were offered a job without a visa. How did you go about doing that, if you don't mind me asking?

So got invite to apply from WA state late December last year. As part of the 491 criteria you need to secure a full time job offer to proceed any further. We went over to Australia for 2 weeks in Feb this year and lined up an interview. I also sorted my AHPRA and presented in person. 
They offered me a job to commence work 1st June. We got back from Aus 2 weeks before lockdown in UK however managed to get the invite in time etc and lodged in April. Been a crazy few months but worth it! 

19 hours ago, tkitch said:

There are other people on this website who had exemptions granted and their visas were still pending. Think in less than a week the visa was granted. When did you put your exemption request in? Best of luck with everything!

6 hours ago, tkitch said:

So got invite to apply from WA state late December last year. As part of the 491 criteria you need to secure a full time job offer to proceed any further. We went over to Australia for 2 weeks in Feb this year and lined up an interview. I also sorted my AHPRA and presented in person. 
They offered me a job to commence work 1st June. We got back from Aus 2 weeks before lockdown in UK however managed to get the invite in time etc and lodged in April. Been a crazy few months but worth it! 

Damn. Talk about timing! Now that the occupation lists are out, I'm hoping that they'll start processing more offshore visas.

11 minutes ago, 31Hillbury said:

It sounds like people are using exemptions to force/speed up the grant process? 

Some people have been waiting in line for ten or eleven months and have job offers and are slowly seeing their chances of keeping their jobs slip away. 

3 hours ago, Green said:

Some people don’t have the option of a 190 visa application for multiple reasons. 

I read it as Hillbury asking what he would need to do to get an exemption in order to speed up their 190 application. The answer to that is it wouldn't make any difference.

On re-reading it appears it was a hypothetical/educational question rather than asked in relation to Hillbury's situation

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Ausvisitor said:

I read it as Hillbury asking what he would need to do to get an exemption in order to speed up their 190 application. The answer to that is it wouldn't make any difference.

On re-reading it appears it was a hypothetical/educational question rather than asked in relation to Hillbury's situation

Apologies, I was confused earlier and responded too quickly.