Packaging boxes, inventory and other tips wanted please

CatinAus

We are looking at moving ASAP, but with an unknown timeline due to Covid-19 processing delays. We haven't yet decided if we will go with a 20ft container or movecube. However in order to move quickly we need to start packing. 

Has anyone found optimal sized packing boxes online for movecubes (we don't want to buy from movecube as we may end up with a container) so there is minimal dead space? 

In regards to packing inventories, are these itemised of can we say box of used kids clothing? 

We would welcome any other tips! We are packing wood items together and meticulously removing dirt/ discecting outside items. 

Thanks! 

Have you looked in the classified ads for your area to see if anyone is selling boxes they have finished with? You do see lots of ad's about for this type of stuff and it will be wayyy cheaper than buying new.

Wayyy back when we shipped some stuff, i just titled the boxes 'clothing', 'kids toys', kitchen wear' etc but i have read a few posts lately where theyve been asked to itemise in more detail.

Cal x

• Like 1

4 hours ago, calNgary said:

Have you looked in the classified ads for your area to see if anyone is selling boxes they have finished with? You do see lots of ad's about for this type of stuff and it will be wayyy cheaper than buying new.

Wayyy back when we shipped some stuff, i just titled the boxes 'clothing', 'kids toys', kitchen wear' etc but i have read a few posts lately where theyve been asked to itemise in more detail.

Cal x

Thanks Cal, we have been advised to use new boxes as second hand boxes may cover dirt... 

Hiya

I used movecube to send all my things about 5 weeks ago.

If you get the large movecube you get 6 small boxes and 6 large boxes included.

We bought 6 strong plastic boxes of ebay and just them a good clean.

I itemised things best I could but when I couldn't be bothered anymore I put a few things down as 1 toolbox, Kids clothes etc.

Sevenseas came back to me and said that you just cant put down 1 and that you need to list everything properly.

I had to just guess what was in my toolbox then 😪

You can use old boxes but just makesure that they are strong enough to stack and that they look clean.

We also bought some vacuum bags for our clothes and duvets. Handy to fill in the gaps.

Edited by Lavers
  • Like 1

We used movecube and had the medium boxes to fill up the small movecube. I had two plastic boxes with books and work stuff in which we put at the bottom and cardboard boxes on top. When it arrived the plastic lids had broke so I wouldn’t recommend those at the bottom if you have them. 

One thing we wish we brought with us was numerous English extension leads. As it would have made our life a lot easier than changing numerous plug heads, we could have just changed the main one on the extension lead. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...