House visit for quotation

Hi all,

Has anyone heard if they are doing visits to homes now for removal/shipping quotations yet?

Last time I called a company mid June they said no and didnt know when, which isn't very helpful especially when trying to plan everything! 

If you can have people viewing your house to sell, then I can't see why removal companies can't visit your home?

I don't really want to do a video link and go round our home and garden as surely it can't be as accurate as a visit in person?  Although may have to resort to it if absolutely necessary. 

14 minutes ago, 31Hillbury said:

We had a virtual survey by pss last week.

Oh how did it go? Have you had a quote yet?  We are going for a 20ft.

I havent asked how long they give you to be flexible with dates-we have a house to sell so will need some flexibility. 

3 hours ago, Aussiebird said:

Hi all,

Has anyone heard if they are doing visits to homes now for removal/shipping quotations yet?

Last time I called a company mid June they said no and didnt know when, which isn't very helpful especially when trying to plan everything! 

If you can have people viewing your house to sell, then I can't see why removal companies can't visit your home?

I don't really want to do a video link and go round our home and garden as surely it can't be as accurate as a visit in person?  Although may have to resort to it if absolutely necessary. 

It may be down to individual companies not wanting to expose staff to risk of COVID-19

4 hours ago, Aussiebird said:

Even before Covid, some companies wouldn't do a house visit and made you work it out for yourself.  Cost cutting I suppose.