AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2020-2021

04April2017DE

On 21/01/2021 at 14:53, Act said:

Hi there.

Is there anyone here waiting for an appointment in ACT ? Please share your timeline.

I have moved to ACT from Melb and have changed the address on immi account as well - received acknowledgement of that as well.  Any thoughts how long it will be take to get an invite here in ACT. I applied on 1st March 2020 in Melbourne.

I appreciate anyone with thoughts or information regarding ACT test invites.

Hi, here are my timelines

applied on : 21 Sep 2020

Test Invite Received on  : 21 Jan 2020

ACT

Interestingly, my approval letter says that once my citizenship is confirmed via my attendance at the ceremony, and my visa ceases to exist, I will need to travel on an Australian passport whenever I leave Australia. 

That’s news to me. What would happen if I flew out and re-entered on my UK passport? Surely they’d be able to see I’m a citizen. Or do they need an Australian passport to do that?  

8 hours ago, littlefoot said:

Interestingly, my approval letter says that once my citizenship is confirmed via my attendance at the ceremony, and my visa ceases to exist, I will need to travel on an Australian passport whenever I leave Australia. 

That’s news to me. What would happen if I flew out and re-entered on my UK passport? Surely they’d be able to see I’m a citizen. Or do they need an Australian passport to do that?  

You can find the answer here https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/entering-and-leaving-australia/traveling-as-a-dual-citizen#:~:text=Australian citizens should use their,you are an Australian citizen.
image.png.2dc074bde9e170fe22824ef153ed969f.png

Not sure if there are any penalities or fines for not following the processes 🤔

Does anyone know/saw examples of VIC cases being picked up for those who have not passed the test yet since lockdown? I'm curious if they been looked at at all since test centres closed. Looks like they just on hold and only ones that looked at are the ones after the test.

5 hours ago, yw9000000 said:

Can someone who has recently sat the citizenship test and interview in Perth tell me what to expect please? How long was the interview, what documents did they look at etc.? How long were you at the test centre?

Thanks!

Hi we just sat ours today in Perth. Interview was super quick and simple. They just check to make sure your documents are all legible and check your drivers or passport.

test was also really quick, think we where both done within 20min. Really no queues (possibly due to COVID) 

29 minutes ago, Melbournian said:

I have 2 questions, If anyone can please answer. 

TEST/INTERVIEW :

Do we get Email and immi notification for test schedule ? Where to monitor ?

CEREMONY

Do we get EMAIL and immi notification for CEREMONY ? Where to monitor ?   OR is it just POSTAL? 

yes you will receive an email.. i just got mine this morning

Hi all, I haven't read through the thread so apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, but is anyone waiting on an application of citizenship via descent for their child/ren? I submitted an application in November 2020, since then the processing times have escalated but I'm interested in hearing of people's experiences. I am applying from outside of Australia.

How long did it take to come through?

Did your child/ren have to go through a citizenship ceremony? 

ETA- thank you!

Edited by TrudiStrange

Hi all. Anyone knows if your visa still matter after you have obtain citizenship ? I know it doesn't make sense to hold a visa and citizenship at the same time. I'm currently on 187 visa and have about 9 months left to go but I would have my citizenship around June. Can I leave my job early ? 

Edited by Tien1993

So we sat for our interviews and tests on 25th Jan. my Wife & Son(5yr old) where approved within 1hr, however mine has not been. We both got 100% for the tests and I finished well before her.

has this happened to anyone? I assume that hers is approved first as our son is attached to her application. Even though he’s also mentioned in mine. 
if this has happened to someone was it resolved easily? How long did it take for your letters to arrive etc?

Hello everyone, as I’m filling up my citizenship form now, I need favour from you guys. I have couple of questions if you guys can answer? Do me and my wife need to submit two seperate applications or will be able to do in the same application? Thank you  

47 minutes ago, Ddl said:

Hello everyone, as I’m filling up my citizenship form now, I need favour from you guys. I have couple of questions if you guys can answer? Do me and my wife need to submit two seperate applications or will be able to do in the same application? Thank you  

Both need to submit separate applications. They can be done on the same Immi account, and you can link them with the Reference Number from each application.

On 25/01/2021 at 20:48, SonGoku said:

applied on: 29th April 2020

received a test and interview invite: 19th Oct 2020

test and interview: 6th Nov 2020

immi account status: Approved as of 6th of Nov 2020

ceremony: 11th of Feb 2021

Queanbeyan/ACT

wow Congrates...

I finished my test today... Passed

Application status updated to approved in IMMI account after 1 hour of test.

will i get any email about the approval or through POST?

waiting for Ceremony..

ACT