AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2020-2021

04April2017DE

On 06/10/2021 at 13:17, Jack91 said:

I genuinely forgot I'd applied for citizenship for a couple weeks. Applied back in April and haven't really given it much thought until it got mentioned at work. Still no news here, it's annoying for sure!   

Oh, how long it really is.... What's taking them so long?

Hi all hope everyone is safe. I'm new here and waiting for my application to be processed (based in Melbourne VIC) and I think it should be coming in the next 1-2 months. So I've got a question: Do you get an email notification / message in your immi account, OR do you get a phone call that you are supposed to pick up? I usually don't pick up strange numbers hence the question.

Thanks all,

Cheers,

5 hours ago, microstarba said:

Hi all hope everyone is safe. I'm new here and waiting for my application to be processed (based in Melbourne VIC) and I think it should be coming in the next 1-2 months. So I've got a question: Do you get an email notification / message in your immi account, OR do you get a phone call that you are supposed to pick up? I usually don't pick up strange numbers hence the question.

Thanks all,

Cheers,

I got an email invite... It's also listed on the immi AC message section

• Like 1

12 hours ago, microstarba said:

Thank you. Yes that would be the preferred approach. Many people mentioned 'phone calls' so I wonder if it's different by state / case / current visa scheme etc.

For the test/interview date, we got an email from DHA and a notification/message on our immi account. We were based in Melbourne back then. 

And for the ceremony, we were invited via email from our Moreton Bay Regional Council (Qld) by their marketing team. They only sent one email to my hubby with the invitation for all applicants. I have friends in BNE who were invited via mail postage. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nora said:

For the test/interview date, we got an email from DHA and a notification/message on our immi account. We were based in Melbourne back then. 

And for the ceremony, we were invited via email from our Moreton Bay Regional Council (Qld) by their marketing team. They only sent one email to my hubby with the invitation for all applicants. I have friends in BNE who were invited via mail postage. 

Thanks Nora for the details

Hi guys,
We (me and my spouse) applied on the 22nd of September.. The wife got her appointment letter today (pretty quick!) but I did not get mine.. Is this normal? If so, usually how many days apart to do people who applied together get their invites?

Regards

Edited by citseeker

4 hours ago, citseeker said:

Hi guys,
We (me and my spouse) applied on the 22nd of September.. The wife got her appointment letter today (pretty quick!) but I did not get mine.. Is this normal? If so, usually how many days apart to do people who applied together get their invites?

Regards

My wife and I got invite same day. It was as fast as yours. Check your immi ac maybe you have also been invited 😊 

7 minutes ago, JayKay said:

My wife and I got invite same day. It was as fast as yours. Check your immi ac maybe you have also been invited 😊 

I checked - no invite :(
I hope it comes through soon though... wonder if it was the form 1023 which I added due to a minor error I made in the application which is adding the time...
*fingers crossed*
Did you get your ceremony date yet?

3 hours ago, Ahmadkamal said:

Hi,

I am in the process of applying for my citizenship, does anyone know how to mention a deceased parent? I know there is an option in drop down for step parent.

I will appreciate if anyone could please guide me on this matter.

Thanks

Just use the parent tab and there is an option somewhere to add the info. I managed it but can’t remember exactly how. 

just posting after while,Atlast  department approved my application after long 14 months,Now awaits for Cermoney.

Current status - Permanent Resident

Citizenship Application: 09/08/2020

Invitation: 27/10/2020

Test Date: 03/12/2020

Approval: 09/10/2021

Ceremony: TBA

City of Cockburn WA

• Congratulations 1

Hi

Has anyone here applied for citizenship recently? I am from Melbourne with an application lodged on 30th of July 2021. However, since then, there hasn't been any updates or test invitation yet. Is there anyone else here experiencing delays too? 

Would appreciate a response. 

Thanks. 

--Gabriel

10 hours ago, Gabetrotter1 said:

Hi

Has anyone here applied for citizenship recently? I am from Melbourne with an application lodged on 30th of July 2021. However, since then, there hasn't been any updates or test invitation yet. Is there anyone else here experiencing delays too? 

Thanks. 

--Gabriel

Hi there,

I applied in September 2020, still no any update. You have to wait a bit longer I would suggest.  Council is Casey. 

Edited by Oshan

19 hours ago, Gabetrotter1 said:

Hi

Thanks. 

--Gabriel

Looks like Melbourne/VIC is really slow compared to other states. Since Covid hits the typical waiting time has been c.1 year. But hopefully for applications lodged recently the process will be a bit faster...

After receiving an email on Tuesday regarding change of location, had an email yesterday (Thursday) saying I've been booked in for 2nd November in Brisbane. 

What's the rules on failing the test? Can you retake the test? 

Edited by Jack91

51 minutes ago, Jack91 said:

After receiving an email on Tuesday regarding change of location, had an email yesterday (Thursday) saying I've been booked in for 2nd November in Brisbane. 

What's the rules on failing the test? Can you retake the test? 

The only thing you need to concentrate on when taking the test is on not being sarcastic. The questions are all so easy that there's an urge to agree with some of the stupid answers! I vaguely remember that you are allowed to retake the test once at your appointment but after that you have to rebook and so go to the back of the queue.

I just checked the home affairs website for you:

If you fail the test

You can:

• resit the test on the same day if possible
  • re-book the test for another time, especially if you need more time to prepare

There is no extra cost for sitting the test again.

Failing the test does not affect your permanent visa or stop you from living in Australia.

Learn about the citizenship interview and test (homeaffairs.gov.au)

Edited by Ken
  • Like 1

On 13/10/2021 at 19:38, citseeker said:

Hi guys,

Regards

Which state?

Hi all, 

I saw today that 75% of citizenship applications are now being processed in 9 months. 

I applied back in January 2021 in Melbourne and am keen to seek an update from the Department as to the status of my application.

Does anyone have the correct email address for contacting the Department?

Thanks in advance.