Medicals for Aged Parent Visa Subclass 804

DavidAN

On 25/01/2020 at 16:07, Alan Collett said:

With an 804 visa application there is an initial assessment of health and character 24 to 36 months after the visa application is lodged.

Once these are cleared a queue date is issued.

IMHO your migration agent should know about this

Best regards.

Hi Allan, Did you know how to check if the medical assessment has been successful or not considering it is a paper based application 

Edited by ausdre

1 hour ago, Alan Collett said:

If you are issued a queue date all is well.

You could try asking the examining panel doctor too, perhaps?

Best regards.

Sure thanks for the reply they just said if there is any thing you will hear within 5 days otherwise all is fine . With that said My fathers BP was high around 155/91 even though he is not a BP patient , they gave a reference to GP and mentioned it purely for duty of care purproses.

when reached home and checked again the BP was 120/80.

does it sound normal ? Will there be a chance of any complexity, Apart from that he only has diabetes which is always controlled.

also any idea how many weeks it takes to issue queue date ,

Edited by ausdre

29 minutes ago, ausdre said:

Sure thanks for the reply they just said if there is any thing you will hear within 5 days otherwise all is fine . With that said My fathers BP was high around 155/91 even though he is not a BP patient , they gave a reference to GP and mentioned it purely for duty of care purproses.

when reached home and checked again the BP was 120/80.

does it sound normal ? Will there be a chance of any complexity, Apart from that he only has diabetes which is always controlled.

also any idea how many weeks it takes to issue queue date ,

If you would like our involvement in the management of your father's visa application please feel able to send a message to me.

I can then advise details of our fee.

Best regards.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Alan Collett said:

If you would like our involvement in the management of your father's visa application please feel able to send a message to me.

I can then advise details of our fee.

Best regards.

Hi Alan,

i would love to but for now It was just a normal question considering you are an agent you may have come across such cases, wanted to know if it is normal or seems complex ?

Edited by ausdre

12 minutes ago, ausdre said:

Hi Alan,

i would love to but for now It was just a normal question considering you are an agent you may have come across such cases, wanted to know if it is normal or seems complex ?

I'm happy to give support of this nature to our fee paying clients.

Have to draw the line somewhere!

Onwards!

• Like 3

Just now, Alan Collett said:

I'm happy to give support of this nature to our fee paying clients.

Have to draw the line somewhere!

Onwards!

No Problem, thank you.  I can only take your services if a need arise. Don’t want to sound rude but for now there is no indication from the department so wont have any advantage of taking your services now 

• Confused 1

35 minutes ago, ausdre said:

No Problem, thank you.  I can only take your services if a need arise. Don’t want to sound rude but for now there is no indication from the department so wont have any advantage of taking your services now 

You are already taking advantage of his services by asking him questions and expecting him to answer them free of charge.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

You are already taking advantage of his services by asking him questions and expecting him to answer them free of charge.

Apologies Marisa, My intention was just to know if it is a complex case or not, if his answer was yes I would have taken the services

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ausdre said:

Apologies Marisa, My intention was just to know if it is a complex case or not, if his answer was yes I would have taken the services

To be fair, from the info you've given here there's no way anyone could know if its a complex case or not, they'd need far more details before being able to make an assessment. 

Hope it works out ok 🙂

On 27/10/2023 at 20:31, Nemesis said:

To be fair, from the info you've given here there's no way anyone could know if its a complex case or not, they'd need far more details before being able to make an assessment. 

Hope it works out ok 🙂

Thanks fingers crossed. Again  would happy to take his services if needed .

Edited by ausdre

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All

Has anyone experienced problems getting a replacement Medicare Card. Mine ran out on the 5th of November I filled out the application form and posted it to the processing office on the 3rd of October. The new card still hasn’t arrived,I have contacted Medicare and have been told that my application is in process.And this can take between 2 to 3 Months to complete. I am in the 804 parent queue. When I first applied for Medicare.I received and was given a card with a duration of five years. When I applied to renew this,I was told that the new card would only last for 12 months which I thought was strange.We were advised to apply a month before the old one expired, because of processing times.I am not likely to to get residency because of the long wait times.So why not a Medicare card for a longer period. It seems to me that they have created more work for themselves, as if like me every one is applying every 12 months.

This is now problem as how do I access the Medicare system without a current card. 

Best Regards

JohnJan

@Jonjan, I suggest going to a Centrelink office and making a fuss until they give you a straight answer.  

What I do know:  The bridging visa for the 804 visa does not give you the right to access Medicare at all.   The only reason you're able to access Medicare is because you're a former resident of the UK, so you have reciprocal rights, the same as any British person on a tourist visa.   

The strict rules are that reciprocal rights cover essential treatment only, and you're meant to go back to the UK for any non-urgent treatment.  In practice, up until now, most people in your situation have been forced to do that, and have been able to access the same range of care as a permanent resident.   I don't know if the shorter timeframe means that they're thinking of tightening up the system. who knows.

Edited by Marisawright
  • Like 1

Hi Marisa

Thank you for your reply and advise .I contacted Medicare again this morning regarding my card. Spoke to a young lady who was very helpful, she checked through my file, all good. She explained that there is currently a 12 weeks back log at the moment in processing. Anyhow she has put my card in the post. If anyone needing card renewal, best apply at least 6weeks before expiry.

JohnJan