2 possible skills for 189 Visa

I have lots of questions and don’t know where to start! I trained as a Quantity Surveyor and worked for 7 years in that role, before retraining in 2018 to become a secondary maths teacher. I would like to move to Australia to teach, but looking at the points I can get, it looks like I’m better going for the QS option. 

I’m on 75 points for teaching but 85 for QS (due to more years of work experience). Can I submit 2 EOIs for subclass 189? With different skills (1 teaching and 1 QS)? 

Also, in order to submit the EOI, am I better to wait till I’ve had my skills assessment approved? I’m just debating whether to apply to both the AIQS (QS) and AITSL (teaching) so that I have both of these skills assessments before submitting the EOI. Does this make a difference to the success of the EOI or can I submit it anyway while I wait for those to be approved? I’m desperate to get the ball rolling!

Finally, since I have not worked as a QS since September 2018, will this affect my application if I go down that route? I’m already unsure as to what to put on my CV for the last 18 months when I apply to AIQS as they want an up-to-date CV and will likely question why I haven’t been practising. Will it harm my application to say that I have retained in maths teaching? Even if I link it to careers in STEM subjects and “spreading the QS word”? 

For my EOI for teaching, could I include my work experience as a QS? It’s not part of the same section but could it be considered career advancement? If so, that would increase my points to 85 for teaching. 

I also have a sister who lives in regional Queensland as a permanent resident (soon to be citizen). Would this help my application or would that only work if I was applying for a different visa?

Is 85 points even enough anymore? I notice in November it was but not December. 

Sorry for the multiple questions! 

16 minutes ago, SurveyingTeacher said:

I thought it was just to do with the number of points people have applying at that point in time? So the minimum can vary? 

Yes, it is related to the number of points other applicants have, so yes it can vary, but it seems they ae only considering the very highest point scores now.  Also, there were some changes in November to how the points are calculated. 

1 hour ago, SurveyingTeacher said:

I thought it was just to do with the number of points people have applying at that point in time? So the minimum can vary? 

The legal minimum of 65 doesn't change (unless there is change in the law), but the points threshold at which people get invited varies based on who's in the queue and what the Department wants in terms of application numbers.