Visa application help

Cammy2310

I've had co contact asking for details of employment that I haven't claimed points for, they asked for payslips etc.

The company no longer exist. I was able to get a bank statement for one of the years they asked for but as it was more than 9 years ago i was unable to get any other documents. I gave them details of my boss at that time who they can contact to confirm I worked there at that time. Would that be enough or could this potentially be an issue even though I didn't claim points for it?

It is up to you to provide evidence.
A delegate does not have to contact anyone. 

Rake up whatever you can and submit it

It is possible that the delegate is trying to decide whether to award extra points for it, even though you did not claim any, or might doubt the veracity of your claim. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cammy2310 said:

I've had co contact asking for details of employment that I haven't claimed points for, they asked for payslips etc.

The company no longer exist. I was able to get a bank statement for one of the years they asked for but as it was more than 9 years ago i was unable to get any other documents. I gave them details of my boss at that time who they can contact to confirm I worked there at that time.

If you have the contact details for that boss, can't you contact him yourself and ask him to provide a statement of service or a reference?   

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

If you have the contact details for that boss, can't you contact him yourself and ask him to provide a statement of service or a reference?   

Yeah he wrote me a reference and the duties  I carried out and explained the company no longer exist and they can contact him but i was curious if anyone else had this issue, being asked for proof of work that you haven't claimed points for 😩

I didn’t think they could ask for evidence for non claiming points? 

My application is in at the moment. As I’m still relatively young, my previous 10 year history includes jobs I did whilst I was at Uni. I’d never be able to get info from those 

Edited by Lambert
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Lambert said:

I didn’t think they could ask for evidence for non claiming points? 

My application is in at the moment. As I’m still relatively young, my previous 10 year history includes jobs I did whilst I was at Uni. I’d never be able to get info from those 

There is nothing they can't ask for if they think its relevant - at the end of the day they can ask for anything they want.

If you can't get any details be honest and send in a declaration - but try to get whatever evidence you can - it may be that your name clashes with someone they have on one of their immigration overstay lists and so if you have proof you were working in the UK/US/wherever at that time it obviously isn't you on their list (as an example)