Moving to Adelaide

emma.p

Hi there,
We are a family looking to emigrate next year I have 2 girls aged 2 and 5,
My husband is an engineer and I'm a nurse is it a high possibility we will be accepted? As we havnt spied for a visa yet,
Also we are looking at adelaide to live..what are everyone's views on there and any particular area in adelaide to recommend??? Possibilty near to beach but also close to shops and town

37 minutes ago, emma.p said:

Hi there,
My husband is an engineer and I'm a nurse is it a high possibility we will be accepted? As we havnt spied for a visa yet,
Also we are looking at adelaide to live..what are everyone's views on there and any particular area in adelaide to recommend??? Possibilty near to beach but also close to shops and town

Welcome to the forum.  If you are looking to emigrate next year, then start now - because the whole process takes between one and two years.  The best way to start is to have a free consultation with a good migration agent like Go Matilda or Pinoy Australia.  That will give you a clear idea of what visa you can get.

Adelaide is a lovely city that's easy to get around.  It's far too early to be thinking about areas to live in, to be honest!   The only thing I'd say is that the job market is tough there, much more so than the other cities.  You might want to look at Newcastle in NSW as an alternative - like Adelaide it's not too big, not too expensive and has great beaches.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, emma.p said:

Hi there,

Have asked the moderators to move this post to correct immigration thread 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Marisawright said:

The only thing I'd say is that the job market is tough there*, much more so than the other cities.

*Can be tough there depending on the industry you want to work in.

Healthcare is a pretty major part of the SA economy so you shouldn't have any problems from that perspective - although you might want to do some research on that front to make sure before you commit. There are various engineering firms within Adelaide/SA but obviously it depends on what field your husband works in as to what opportunities exist here. 

Adelaide is a great place to live - commutes are short, traffic is non-existent by major city standards, we have lovely beaches, life is laid back and happy and the weather is great (we have four distinct seasons unlike the top half of Australia). The trade-off for some of the benefits a smaller city has to offer is a smaller job market accordingly. I wouldn't write Adelaide off on the job front without doing further research specific to your and your husband's careers.

Best of luck with your move whatever you decide!

• Like 2