AITSL requirements

Pinklady

I have contacted my university about my transcripts which I can receive for my primary PGCE, however as I am going for early childhood teacher for visa I have asked for a letter stating total number of days and age range in which I taught 5-9 years for whole of my PGCE. This was back in 2004 and my uni are saying they have limited info now but should be able to compile some form of letter ?? Has anyone been in this situation? 

many thanks x

12 minutes ago, Pinklady said:

I have contacted my university about my transcripts which I can receive for my primary PGCE, however as I am going for early childhood teacher for visa I have asked for a letter stating total number of days and age range in which I taught 5-9 years for whole of my PGCE. This was back in 2004 and my uni are saying they have limited info now but should be able to compile some form of letter ?? Has anyone been in this situation? 

many thanks x

Yes, quite a few years ago I needed a transcript but as one was not available my old uni provided a letter detailing the course, subjects studied and years attended. It was enough.

However, you may face a potential issue if you are applying for early childhood based on a primary school qualification. They are quite specific with requirements here for early childhood visa purposes.

Edited by Sammy1

The Masters will not count as it  is the actual supervised (practicum) teaching days that count . If your teaching practicums shows a range of early childhood ages being taught then it should be fine. However, I got the impression that yours only extended down to five years old and not below that age - that's the real potential issue.

Please take professional advice before submitting, do not rely on posters here.

Edited by Sammy1

5 hours ago, Pinklady said:

I have not paid any fees ha ha ok so may give me some differing advice 

thanks for the help 

They won't give you differing advice, the advice will still be correct (but only in so far as how much info they know about you).

Once you instruct them, they will ask for loads of information (they will know your academic/employer/financial history better than you partner by the time it is over) and then they will be able to give "full advice" rather than a "quick opinion"