immigration agent recommendations

josh.east

Hey guys, how are you doing? I'm Josh and I'm new to the forum. I recently completed a working holiday in Australia and I have returned to the UK to study, but I am now fairly certain that I would like to move permanently to Australia in the future. I would like to get some advice from an immigration agent, and there are quite a number of them out there, some of whom charge just for an initial consultation. I don't mind paying, but only if it's for reliable and helpful advice, and I'm wondering if anyone on here can recommend one? If possible I would particularly like to get some inside information on which professions have been most successful in being granted PR status in the past, and which ones may be in demand in the future, as this will be a factor when I start applying for jobs after studying. I've managed to get some labour market information from Australian government websites, but I would really value and immigration agent's perspective on this. Any recommendations? Josh

• Like 1

First, we are very fortunate that we have a number of the best in the business of registered migration agents who post on the forum. All have their contact details in their signature at bottom of any post along with their MARN Number. 

These are a few that are highly regarded, though if you glance through you will see others. 

Paul Hand https://www.pomsinoz.com/profile/263495-paulhand/?wr=eyJhcHAiOiJmb3J1bXMiLCJtb2R1bGUiOiJmb3J1bXMtY29tbWVudCIsImlkXzEiOjIwMzI5MSwiaWRfMiI6MjUyNjc0NX0=

Wrussel https://www.pomsinoz.com/profile/216280-wrussell/?wr=eyJhcHAiOiJmb3J1bXMiLCJtb2R1bGUiOiJmb3J1bXMtY29tbWVudCIsImlkXzEiOjIwODQzMiwiaWRfMiI6MjUyNjk0M30=

Raul Senise https://www.pomsinoz.com/profile/217526-raul-senise/?wr=eyJhcHAiOiJmb3J1bXMiLCJtb2R1bGUiOiJmb3J1bXMtY29tbWVudCIsImlkXzEiOjIwODQzMiwiaWRfMiI6MjUyNjc0MH0=

But, you need to be aware any help at your stage is likely to be very limited and it is impossible to say what occupations will be on the list. Do not mix up occupations that are actually in high demand for people and occupations that the department of migration flag as in high demand. The two are not the same. For example, my occupation was on the lists while we had a unemployment rate nearing 50% and our proffessional body begging for it to be removed. 

I am assuming you are doing a degree. Based on my years on the forum as a member and moderator, I would say it likely the entire visa process will be different by the time you are in a position to apply, which is likely to be not just after you graduate but some years after. 
  • Like 2

Thanks a lot for the information, I will get in touch with some of the people who you recommend. I am aware that it will be difficult to get any advice at my stage, as I'm not yet sure which occupation I will end up in, and it will be at least five years before I am ready to emigrate. I'm just interested in getting some inside information on whether certain occupations on the list have been proved to be easier or harder to emigrate with. It's interesting what you say about occupations which are actually in high demand being different to occupations which the department of migration consider to be in high demand, I didn't realise this. Thanks again, and I'll post on here if I find out anything particularly useful!

9 hours ago, josh.east said:

Thanks a lot for the information, I will get in touch with some of the people who you recommend. I am aware that it will be difficult to get any advice at my stage, as I'm not yet sure which occupation I will end up in, and it will be at least five years before I am ready to emigrate. I'm just interested in getting some inside information on whether certain occupations on the list have been proved to be easier or harder to emigrate with. It's interesting what you say about occupations which are actually in high demand being different to occupations which the department of migration consider to be in high demand, I didn't realise this. Thanks again, and I'll post on here if I find out anything particularly useful!

I don't think that there are  any particular occupations that you can now say will be easier to migrate on.  I work in health, over the last 10 years, whilst nursing remains on the list, the demand has dwindled due to Australia producing it's own nurses in abundance (these Australian qualified nurses are finding it difficult to get onto graduate programmes due to numbers and find jobs).  The goal posts changed in the last 5 years that you had to have a degree rather than a diploma to pass the skills assessment.

Most jobs will require you to have some experience post qualification and may also require some additional education - teaching for example requires a 4 years at degree level.  General advice has always been to study something you like and won't mind doing as a job in case you don't get a visa.