You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

CAN_UK

Opening Bank Account from UK (on ETA tourist visa)

Hello,

I was wondering if it is possible to open up a bank account in Australia while being in the country on just an ETA (visitor visa) ? 

Has anyone had any experience doing this? 

If I am successful, I will need to attend an AHPRA office in Australia to finalise some registration there, and thus need proof of Australian residence. I was hoping to apply for an australian bank account while still in the UK but am unsure of the ETA visa ~(NOT a work visa)~ will allow me to do this. Then I could get the bank to print off a statement with the Australian address I will be temporarily residing at. 

Kind regards,

Daniel 

AHPRA application posted to Melbourne: 5th August 2019 /AHPRA received in office: 16th August 2019 /Request for additional information: 30th August 2019 /Additional information sent to Melbourne office: 4th Sept 2019 /Additional information received: 12th Sept 2019 /Confirmation that application was complete and would now be sent to accreditation board: 23rd Sept 2019 / In-Principle registration received: ???

1 hour ago, CAN_UK said:

Hello,

I was wondering if it is possible to open up a bank account in Australia while being in the country on just an ETA (visitor visa) ? 

Has anyone had any experience doing this? 

If I am successful, I will need to attend an AHPRA office in Australia to finalise some registration there, and thus need proof of Australian residence. I was hoping to apply for an australian bank account while still in the UK but am unsure of the ETA visa ~(NOT a work visa)~ will allow me to do this. Then I could get the bank to print off a statement with the Australian address I will be temporarily residing at. 

Kind regards,

Daniel 

Yes, my parents were able to open bank accounts at Commonwealth bank with just their visitor visas.