Today, Tonight Programme WA

ali

Did anyone see the trailer last night for tonights show ... something to do with Skilled migrants having to go home? I didn't catch it all.. but it looked like the couple were Brits and having to return to the UK - don't know why though, but the lady looked really upset ... did anyone catch what it was about?

Ali

maybe its about the changes to the earnings on a 457 which affects those coming and those here - there's a thread on migration issues that I read earlier saying its changing on 1 August.....I'm going to watch it tonight with interest as we are on a 457 AND DON'T WANT TO GO BACK TO THE UK

I watched the programme tonight and it's a couple in South Australia - they were 'recruited' via an expo - it didn't say for certain, but it said they'd been 'let down' by a number of employers and it seems that they had trouble getting sponsorship - there was some sort of mix up and their visa was then refused (it didn't give all the details ... or I missed them)... the the woman was so distressed - it was heartbreaking really.

Ali

I watched the programme tonight and it's a couple in South Australia - they were 'recruited' via an expo - it didn't say for certain, but it said they'd been 'let down' by a number of employers and it seems that they had trouble getting sponsorship - there was some sort of mix up and their visa was then refused (it didn't give all the details ... or I missed them)... the the woman was so distressed - it was heartbreaking really.

Ali

Did you see the West this mornin a piece about wantin the skills list modyfying regarding 457s The piece argues about non rec ognisation of qualifications for management types etc

Malx

aka Billy Nm 5m

Did you see the West this mornin a piece about wantin the skills list modyfying regarding 457s The piece argues about non rec ognisation of qualifications for management types etc

Malx

aka Billy Nm 5m

I would be interested to know what that piece was, my husband falls into that catagory and we are gonna have to go down the 457 route. Can you tell me what was discussed.

I would be interested to know what that piece was, my husband falls into that catagory and we are gonna have to go down the 457 route. Can you tell me what was discussed.

If I can recall I was at work in my break the skills list should be modified to recognise overseas qualifications in business commerce and management if some one has the paper they perhaps can reiterate more any body got todays

west

Malx

aka Billy 5 m

nice ere innit

Oh, it doesnt sound as if it will help then, my husband is an I.T. manager (database)

Thats what they were on about qualified bods like your Oh mind you with their it systems Babbage would be proud of them

malx

aka Billy 5M

Guest darwin

Hi all, new to this forum, we have been in Australia for about 16 months now I am a midwife and my husband is a carpenter, should have no problems securing work? well thats what we thought. We originally started our new lives in the top end, yes it was okay for a year I worked full time my husband was a carpenter on $32p/h, although the lifestyle was good it was quite isolated. So we decided to head down to the Gold coast, WHAT A JOKE!!!!! 6 weeks on hubby can't find work and has had to through no choice but to take a job in a factory working cutting wood for $15p/h with college apprentices (even though he has been a carpenter for 14 years), believe me we have tried every waking moment job searching. see post under jobs and careers. I on the otherhand was employed by a certain hospital in which One other particular midwife wanted to shadow me OMG!!!!!, only to tell me this is how I wrap/swaddle the babies!!!! what the F***, its nothin to do with being a midwife and having a degree in midwifery I have raised my own 2 before being a midwife (I Think I Know how to Swaddle, settle a neonate). Peoples attitudes stink, they are rude and arrogant. since we've been on the gold coast my husband has been told "we do things differently here", I am getting over the point of being truly p***** off to the point of hysteria. We are part of the commonwealth, my peronal and only my opinion, all this changing qualifications to be aussie recognised is nothing more than a MONEY MAKING RACKET!!!!, We have not stopped paying out since we touched the F****** tarmac at the airport!!!!. At least I can work with a decent wage, but in all honestly I read these threads with familys coming over on a 457 solely on their hubbies skills, do a detour straight passed gold coast.

Hi all, new to this forum, we have been in Australia for about 16 months now I am a midwife and my husband is a carpenter, should have no problems securing work? well thats what we thought. We originally started our new lives in the top end, yes it was okay for a year I worked full time my husband was a carpenter on $32p/h, although the lifestyle was good it was quite isolated. So we decided to head down to the Gold coast, WHAT A JOKE!!!!! 6 weeks on hubby can't find work and has had to through no choice but to take a job in a factory working cutting wood for $15p/h with college apprentices (even though he has been a carpenter for 14 years), believe me we have tried every waking moment job searching. see post under jobs and careers. I on the otherhand was employed by a certain hospital in which One other particular midwife wanted to shadow me OMG!!!!!, only to tell me this is how I wrap/swaddle the babies!!!! what the F***, its nothin to do with being a midwife and having a degree in midwifery I have raised my own 2 before being a midwife (I Think I Know how to Swaddle, settle a neonate). Peoples attitudes stink, they are rude and arrogant. since we've been on the gold coast my husband has been told "we do things differently here", I am getting over the point of being truly p***** off to the point of hysteria. We are part of the commonwealth, my peronal and only my opinion, all this changing qualifications to be aussie recognised is nothing more than a MONEY MAKING RACKET!!!!, We have not stopped paying out since we touched the F****** tarmac at the airport!!!!. At least I can work with a decent wage, but in all honestly I read these threads with familys coming over on a 457 solely on their hubbies skills, do a detour straight passed gold coast.

God Darwin, that sounds like a nightmare. I am sorry you are having all these problems. We are hoping to go to Melbourne. So wont be on the Gold Coast.

Guest fatpom

Immigration 101

Learn to adapt... you are a foreigner in this country... its up to you to learn to do it their way. The way its done here may be down to cultural differences or may be for good practical reasons either way you must adapt to accommodate the 20 million who already live here.

This isn't trying to enrage you further its simply one of the first lesson we all have to learn. :smile:

Guest jchrisj
Immigration 101

Learn to adapt... you are a foreigner in this country... its up to you to learn to do it their way. The way its done here may be down to cultural differences or may be for good practical reasons either way you must adapt to accommodate the 20 million who already live here.

This isn't trying to enrage you further its simply one of the first lesson we all have to learn. :smile:

With you on that one, you will never change another soil to suit you. Unless it's the uk and the problem here is it tries to be all things to all men and it will never work!

God save the Queen. Sorry forgot the new cry to arm's

Praise be to allah........................................Doh!

Hug's to everyone

Chris:radar:

Archived