457 Visa Granted!!

Guest melba

Guest melba

I'm SO excited!!!!

We logged our application on 20th June & have had it approved today 17th July!!! So not even 4 weeks!! So very good news for anyone else waiting for a 457- they are taking no time at all to process.

Myself & my boyfriend will be in Melbourne in just over 4 weeks now... scary but exciting stuff.:spinny:

xx

Guest Nasir79

Congrats.

My sponsor has launched e-application for 457 this week by RMA in Australia. I have been asked to fill form 1221 for internal checks. The sponsor has told there is no time-frame can be provided that how long it takes by Immigration to do internal checks . Any body has any idea about it how long it takes ? How this check is doen?

Guest melba

Thanks everyone- I can't stop smiling! Just called my boyfriend to tell him & he is delighted too bless him.

I just have to hand in my notice to my MD now... whio has no idea I am thinking of leaving let alone moving to Oz. Could be quite interesting!!

Sarah x

Sorry, no idea about the 1221 I'm afraid...

I'm SO excited!!!!

We logged our application on 20th June & have had it approved today 17th July!!! So not even 4 weeks!! So very good news for anyone else waiting for a 457- they are taking no time at all to process.

Myself & my boyfriend will be in Melbourne in just over 4 weeks now... scary but exciting stuff.:spinny:

xx

ahh!! congratulations nice to hear a good outcome.just a matter of interest did you have to have any skills assessed by vetassess by any chance if so how long did that take???

Guest Ian Laverick

Congratulations - I bet your heads are spinning !!

from application to landing in OZ ... within 8 weeks - WOW !

Good Luck with everything

Guest melba
ahh!! congratulations nice to hear a good outcome.just a matter of interest did you have to have any skills assessed by vetassess by any chance if so how long did that take???

Thanks everyone, cant believe we'll be over there so soon, lots to organise & lots of people to say goodbye to - it's definitely making my head spin!:v_SPIN:

We didn't have to have any skills assessed. I had to have a degree & at least three years of experience (I work in recruitment & have 4 and a half years) & I needed to evidence this with my degree ceftificate & statements from my past employers.

Guest emmao

Hi Sarah,

Congratulations! We have just found out the same thing - it's such good news. My boyfriend and I applied for our 457 visa about 5 weeks ago and only had our xrays a week ago so were thrilled to find out so soon. We too are heading to Melbourne. Dan starts his job on 1st Oct so we are hoping to arrive around 24th September.

Do you know where you're going to live yet? We are thinking about Elwood but now that we've got our visas we will start looking properly.

Good luck with telling your MD...I'm building up to do that next week!

Emma

Guest melba
Hi Sarah,

Congratulations! We have just found out the same thing - it's such good news. My boyfriend and I applied for our 457 visa about 5 weeks ago and only had our xrays a week ago so were thrilled to find out so soon. We too are heading to Melbourne. Dan starts his job on 1st Oct so we are hoping to arrive around 24th September.

Do you know where you're going to live yet? We are thinking about Elwood but now that we've got our visas we will start looking properly.

Good luck with telling your MD...I'm building up to do that next week!

Emma

No we don't know where we're going to live yet. Have been thinking of possbly a nice part of St Kilda or maybe Port Melbourne. We wont be working for 2 weeks when we get there so that will be timeto look around & decide where we like best.

We have accommodatin provided for us by my employer for our first few weeks. They are arranging a serviced flat in CBD & we will have the option to extend it a bit if we haven't found anywhere to live within our first few weeks- so that takes the pressure off a bit!

Good luck with it all!

P.S Told my MD & he was surprisingly nice about it! He said he was dissapointed but that I would be silly not to take the opportunity to go, & if it doesn;t work out he'll gladly have me back - hope it goes as well for you.

Archived