Any idea how long after medicals are visas issued?

Guest carolinejane

Guest carolinejane

I do not wish to get my hopes up but we have applied for a skilled visa in August of this year and we have now been asked to have our medicals and police checks done. We are off to get our medicals done tomorrow (19/12/06) and we were wondering how long after they receive the medicals we would hear regarding a visa being issued. I heard that there is a back log and i am unsure wether there is still months of waiting for the decision of weeks. Any feedback would be gratefully appreciated. :lol:

Hi There, we had our meds done in aug and it took 6 weeks for the ok. Every day feels like a lifetime when ur waiting for the ok though doesn't it!!

Guest andi,allen

Hi Hayley, we are new to this site but have just noticed you are at the same stage as us . Can you please tell me , have you got a CO , did they request medicals , did you use an agent ?

We are using visa -go and our agent asked us to send medicals to save time. We sent application off 28th Aug , reciepted , 26th Oct we had our medicals 27th Nov and i think they take about 2 weeks to reach Sydney. Just the waiting game now.

Guest carolinejane

andi allen i think that message was for me. No we do not have a case officer. we are slightly confused as things seem to be happening yet no case officer issued. the email at aspc says only processing applications received upto 26th may 2006. Our medicals were fine worried for nothing. these have been sent via courier along with our police checks so just wait for the next stage. Good luck let me know how it goes

Guest Libby1971

Hi

I was wondering if anyone has any more news on this. We had our medicals done on 9th December and the reports were sent by courier on 14th December.

We were told 2/3 weeks but more recently 8-12 weeks which caused quite a few strops in our house!

Thanks

Libby

Guest andi,allen

No news yet , our visa agent has gone to OZ for the holidays. We won't hear anything until Jan. Not good news though where did you hear 8-12 weeks from??????

Guest Libby1971

Hi

I heard this from someone employed at our migration company or so I thought. It turns out that it may have been someone from an answering service they use when the phones are busy in which case both the person I spoke to and the information they gave is useless...

I sincerely hope that this is processed in considerably less time than 8 weeks.

Merry Christmas

Libby

Guest andi,allen

Thanks Rache , best wishes to your sister. The final waiting period seems longer than ever. So near yet so far.

MERRY CHRISTMAS.

Guest Watersports

hey guys, I have nothing useful to add (sorry!) but I am in exactly the same boat as you. We had our meds & police checks done and sent the week before Christmas so probably only just about got to them now I would imagine.

We were told it usually takes about 3 weeks, but everything at this time of year takes longer so I wouldn't be surprised if we have to wait longer then that. Feel a bit helpless just sitting here waiting. Have tried packing stuff away, selling odd bits on ebay but can't really motivate myself as it's not 100% yet :(

Still, I just know 2007 is going to bring us all lots of good news :lol:

On a slightly different note, does anyone know how long you have to get the visa in your passport once they the man from delmonte says "yes"?

I only ask because we go away travelling for 3 months in Feb, so could potentially not be around when we get the yay or nay. I'm assuming it will be ok, to go and pick up visa when we get back in May?

Guest sneaky

How do

I was wondering about getting the visa in your passport too.

I have to enter Australia before 3rd November 07, and presume i can send my passport off any time as long as i leave myself plenty of time..

Would like to know for sure tho :? :? :?

Guest brinny

Hi everyone,

I have just logged into this web site because we are now the proud owners of visas.

We used a company to assist us with the whole application process - Global Visas who were brilliant. We applied for the Skilled Migrant Visas - submitted the TRA application in February and received it back within 2 weeks. We sent off for the Australian Visas in April 2006, and we received the confirmation December 21st 2006.

We had sent off our Medicals October 17th 2006 where we attended Bridge Clinic who were very professional, so I guess that was 2 months waiting for the visas to come through.

I then sent our passports on 28/12/06 recorded delivery to the London office, and received the passport back with visas in on Wednesday 3rd January 2007. Given the New Year holiday etc, I though that was pretty quick.

Hope that helps with some dates and times etc. 8)

Archived