870 parents temporary visa

On 23/08/2019 at 17:04, Suzyq said:

Hi Anks, I don't believe there's any reason not to be viable. I have done just that. I am just waiting on a decision as I have had my medical and the result should be with IMMI by now.

Thanks @Suzyq, how long did the entire process took for you?

Can we still apply for the sponsorship part when the applicant is onshore?

Hi Everyone. I am new in this forum. I found you all shared very useful tips and valuable knowledge, thank you. Anybody has their actual visa application for subclass 870 granted? (not the sponsorship approval). How long did it take you from Health Clearance Provided until Visa being granted? Thank you in advance

This is what I don’t get. When I rang immi to check on the progress of my sponsorship approval, they told me that they aren’t waiting on any more info from me and I was in the queue to be processed. I applied on the 29th April and still nothing and others are being approved in a month. It just doesn’t make sense and is not fair. Surely they should be processed  in date order! Not a happy bunny! 

Edited by VictoriaP

20 minutes ago, Paulie said:

Well, I have applied for Sponsorship on April 17th and heard nothing back from the immi yet. 

Not sure of our chances though, as my past tax returns are from the UK (HMRC), rather than from Australian ATO.

If you are an Australian resident and have a permanent residency visa/are an Aus citizen why is your UK income not included on an Australian tax return?

Best regards.

6 minutes ago, Alan Collett said:

If you are an Australian resident and have a permanent residency visa/are an Aus citizen why is your UK income not included on an Australian tax return?

Best regards.

Australian citizen, indeed. However, was not considered to be an Australian tax resident over the past two years. Hence only HMRC tax returns at hand. Regards.

11 minutes ago, Alan Collett said:

=>  You won't meet the sponsor's income requirement, as you say.

Best regards.

Most likely true, though not fair. Then the options are to either to resubmit foreign income tax returns with ATO or wait another 2 years and reapply for 870.

Nevertheless, my concern is why some applications submitted much later than mine were processed way sooner? What is the logic, is immigration picking them up randomly?  

2 minutes ago, Paulie said:

Most likely true, though not fair. Then the options are to either to resubmit foreign income tax returns with ATO or wait another 2 years and reapply for 870.

Nevertheless, my concern is why some applications submitted much later than mine were processed way sooner? What is the logic, is immigration picking them up randomly?  

I'm afraid that playing the fairness card is likely to be futile - though I hear your disappointment.

The Australian Government wants to ensure sponsors can meet their financial obligations - it has chosen to do this by asking for sight of the tax assessment notice for the last tax year.

When did you return to Australia?   Are you sure your 2019 ATO tax assessment won't include the required level of income?

As to processing timelines - it is not unknown for an application to fall down a crack, but if you haven't submitted all the required documents it is perhaps best that your application hasn't yet been finalised?

Best regards.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Alan Collett said:

I'm afraid that playing the fairness card is likely to be futile - though I hear your disappointment.

The Australian Government wants to ensure sponsors can meet their financial obligations - it has chosen to do this by asking for sight of the tax assessment notice for the last tax year.

When did you return to Australia?   Are you sure your 2019 ATO tax assessment won't include the required level of income?

As to processing timelines - it is not unknown for an application to fall down a crack, but if you haven't submitted all the required documents it is perhaps best that your application hasn't yet been finalised?

Best regards.

Sure Alan, my 2019 income meets the threshold. However, the system required to attach two previous years of tax returns which were from the UK. And yes, my application was submitted in full and finalised. I can only suspect the immi is still in progress of running checks on my UK tax paperwork. Hence the delay.

4 minutes ago, Paulie said:

Sure Alan, my 2019 income meets the threshold. However, the system required to attach two previous years of tax returns which were from the UK. And yes, my application was submitted in full and finalised. I can only suspect the immi is still in progress of running checks on my UK tax paperwork. Hence the delay.

Yes, I'm aware the application requires the last 2 years of tax assessments, but the legal requirement is for the sponsor to meet the income threshold for only the most recently ended tax year.

If I was your migration agent I'd be following up with the PVC ...

Best regards.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Dotty7 said:

Home Affairs just updated sponsorship processing time on 870visa.

75% in 78 days

90% in 85 days.

nothing yet on parent Applicant side.

Hi Dotty7,

Well, I'm feeling pretty unlucky. I have been waiting 129 days so far to be approved as a sponsor for my Mum from the UK. I've already rung them to chase and was told that they are not waiting on any more info from me. Please can you tell me where to find the stats you posted so when I call Immi to chase again, I can quote them.

I'm so worried that by the time I get approved, I will have missed out on one of the 15,000 870 visas allocated for this year. Thanks for your help.

1 minute ago, VictoriaP said:

Hi Dotty7,

Well, I'm feeling pretty unlucky. I have been waiting 129 days so far to be approved as a sponsor for my Mum from the UK. I've already rung them to chase and was told that they are not waiting on any more info from me. Please can you tell me where to find the stats you posted so when I call Immi to chase again, I can quote them.

I'm so worried that by the time I get approved, I will have missed out on one of the 15,000 870 visas allocated for this year. Thanks for your help.

Don’t worry,  from what I’ve read in various forums there have been nowhere near that number of applications! I think the sponsor eligibility conditions have put some people off! 

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/sponsored-parent-temporary-870#Eligibility

There's  a button at the top to swop between applicants and sponsors. Also there is then a pull down menu - usually starts off with overview then details others such as sponsor eligibility eg they have to be resident in Australia for 4 years etc. 

Edited by LindaH27

18 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/sponsored-parent-temporary-870#Eligibility

There's  a button at the top to swop between applicants and sponsors. Also there is then a pull down menu - usually starts off with overview then details others such as sponsor eligibility eg they have to be resident in Australia for 4 years etc. 

Thanks for the advice. It's frustrating to be so far outside of the processing time frame without any explanation, but I guess that's Immigration departments for you. I just want to be able to get my Mum's 870 application in, so at least she's in the queue.

• Like 1