Mrs EMJ

EMJ

Hello. Does anyone have a link where I can find the 186TRT applications forms online. I just want to review the complexity of the application before deciding if I will use an agent. I have gone through the forms under the immiaccount but cannot seem to locate these forms? Thank you for your response in advance 

It’s probably not the complexity of the form you need to worry about, rather do you meet the conditions as specified by immigration and have all the evidence etc. 

I did this solo (a few years ago I’ll add) and the form was straightforward, but then so was my situation so it all went through without a glitch. 

If you have a complicated situation and are unsure of what evidence you need to provide etc, use an agent. The cost is through the roof now and it’s a lot to lose if you get it wrong.

Best of luck, sorry can’t help with the location of the form

@Wonderingaloud Thank you so much for your response. I have done hours and weeks of research and we definitely meet the criteria and all conditions. The company will lodge the nomination through their MARA agent and we need to do the visa application. I think I am pretty confident with the required docs and busy gathering it all but my fear is as you've mentioned. One mistake can cost it all. Just wish the agents weren't that expensive 🙂

Yes I know, it’s an expensive process no matter which way you spin it. 

It’s your call, but it sounds like you are quite thorough and research driven, you probably have a pretty good shot but obviously I know nothing of your personal circumstances.

What’s your profession and has your employer sponsored others? 

Given that the department pretty much look for reasons to refuse a 186. Given that only a small part of the criteria is on you - the employer has to pass a series of hurdles. Given the high refusal rate. Given that a AAT appeal will take 1 to 2 years and cost big bags of money. I would say not using an agent is foolish. 

On 21/06/2019 at 07:46, EMJ said:

@Wonderingaloud One mistake can cost it all. Just wish the agents weren't that expensive 🙂

The amount of time an agent will spend on each case is probably measured in the scale of weeks - so I personally think the prices they charge are fair (and sometimes probably less than they could charge)

Yes it's expensive, but if you get a decorator in to paint your entire house for 2 solid weeks you'll be looking at 1500 (at least where I live) so it's comparable with any other "task" you outsource

• Like 1

@Ausvisitor thank you so much for your response. I do agree with you. The agent fees are very well warranted as it should be. We used an agent to get here on a 457 and it all went really and i am forever grateful for the work the agents does. Unfortunately living on a 457 and having used all my life savings to get here does not allow me to make use of an agent this time around. I do realize that doing this by myself poses a high risk and demands meticulousness and checking, researching and more checking. I have planned for the last year for this process and am well aware of all the requirements and documents needed which I have gathered thus far. The company will lodge the nomination and I need to lodge the visa application. I have also previously successfully lodged a RRV for a family member and 2 visitor visas so I believe I'm pretty thorough and research focused. It's just nerve wrecking because this is my own application and i would need to be even more detailed in this one. Again thank you. I appreciate all responses and advice

1 hour ago, EMJ said:

@Ausvisitor thank you so much for your response. I do agree with you. The agent fees are very well warranted as it should be. We used an agent to get here on a 457 and it all went really and i am forever grateful for the work the agents does. Unfortunately living on a 457 and having used all my life savings to get here does not allow me to make use of an agent this time around. I do realize that doing this by myself poses a high risk and demands meticulousness and checking, researching and more checking. I have planned for the last year for this process and am well aware of all the requirements and documents needed which I have gathered thus far. The company will lodge the nomination and I need to lodge the visa application. I have also previously successfully lodged a RRV for a family member and 2 visitor visas so I believe I'm pretty thorough and research focused. It's just nerve wrecking because this is my own application and i would need to be even more detailed in this one. Again thank you. I appreciate all responses and advice

Ultimately if you've looked at the situation and an agent isn't possible then that's just how it is.

You sound like you've got your finger on the ball and will do the necessary research.

Good luck with it