1m3 air freight

Ncsmith

Hi all

I've been lucky and fortunate enough to secure a 482 sponsored job of which I am being relocated. 

I have 225kg of air freight included which is approx 15 mid packing boxes. 

Question for people who have made the move, is there anything you wish you had taken with you on the offset? 

I've got some ideas but just wanted to hear it from people who have done it! 

Cheers all

Not much. It’s only a temporary visa. Clothes for whatever seasons wherever you’re going, kitchen essentials (if you've got good knives), towels, your technology (not TV), bike if you use one.  Personally I'd be taking all my wool stash but I daresay you're not a knitter. My DH would be taking books because he seems to think he need them, otherwise very little. Good opportunity to declutter

Edited by Quoll

36 minutes ago, Ncsmith said:

Thanks for the movecube suggestion but my question was more, what would you stick in your movecube if you had one? 

One thing I would say is that we all forget how much little things cost.   When we moved from Australia to the UK, I couldn't believe how much it cost me to replace all the towels, bedlinen, pots, pans, cutlery, crockery, tools, gadgets, etc.  So I would put them all in. 

Don't make the mistake of leaving your winter clothes behind. You won't need them the first winter but you'll acclimatise.  

As it's a temp visa you will be renting.  Be aware that flats in Australia are not furnished, so you will need everything.  However as it's only a temp visa, that means you will need to ship it out and back again, so probably not worth taking the big stuff. 

Note:  my answer would be different if your employer wasn't paying.

Edited by Marisawright

Thanks all 🙂

Should've made it clear, my aim is to get PR ASAP but this was the best way to negotiate a relocation in the short term. Need to speak to an agent to see if I should wait 3 years for the employer sponsered route or pursue 189/190 myself, but that's abkther topic! 

The air freight is for our essentials and we have ISO container for the rest. 

Thanks! 

1 hour ago, Ncsmith said:

Thanks all 🙂

Should've made it clear, my aim is to get PR ASAP but this was the best way to negotiate a relocation in the short term. Need to speak to an agent to see if I should wait 3 years for the employer sponsered route or pursue 189/190 myself, but that's abkther topic! 

The air freight is for our essentials and we have ISO container for the rest. 

Thanks! 

482 to PR is a big gamble these days so best to work on the basis that you’re going for the short term 

• Like 1