You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Hi I was hoping for any advice and info if possible, me and my husband are wanting to move to Darwin, I know it’s very hot and tropical but it looks like such a beautiful place, we love the idea of the remoteness and the multi cultural side of it too, I have researched a lot.  We are looking into the DAMA route Sub class 482, as my job is on the list of needed jobs in the NT (Nursing Support) I was just wondering if anyone has done this route and how easy or hard was it?  

Many advice or info would be greatly appreciated.

Toni

You might want to check out some posts from folk who live/have lived in Darwin.  Huntersmummy springs to mind (wonder how she is going!)  It's not exactly what most migrants think of when they think of Australia - heck, even most Australians wouldn't want to live there.  There's multicultural and then, again, there's multicultural and your expectation and the reality might be poles apart.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Quoll said:

You might want to check out some posts from folk who live/have lived in Darwin.  Huntersmummy springs to mind (wonder how she is going!)  It's not exactly what most migrants think of when they think of Australia - heck, even most Australians wouldn't want to live there.  There's multicultural and then, again, there's multicultural and your expectation and the reality might be poles apart.  

She absolutely hated life in Darwin poor soul.  Hope she is a lot happier now.  Got to say I wouldn't live there for quids.