Mrs EMJ

EMJ

Hello Everyone

First time poster in this amazing group. I will soon be lodging a 186TRT application to transition from a 457 on the Pastry Chef skill in NSW. I will not be using an agent and doing the application myself so i would highly appreciate any tips, information, notes, things to look out for. Do's and Dont's etc. The company will lodge the nomination and i will lodge the visa application once approved. Family of (4) . Was the application very complex to do it by yourself?? Really any information and notes will be a great help

Also if anyone can share their timeline from application lodged to approval received that would be amazing.

Thank You in advance

Both these visas seem to have a high refusal rates especially for those applying under ‘cook’ and ‘chef’ positions (just my observation). Check out the pinned threads under ‘sponsored visas’ followed by the AAT refusals thread (currently at the top). 

If you are confident of the requirements and it’s a fairly straightforward application you might be able to do it yourself, if you are confused I would go with an agent.

If you do, choose a migration agent registered with MARA, and not a lawyer. Review the reputability of them too, as many of the people on the above mentioned threads use an agent and still seem to get refusals, though I have a feeling many of them are not registered. 

There are a few very good MAs who post on this forum regularly if you want a recommendation. 

I have noticed a high refusal rate on the forums, but usually it's a problem with the employer's part of the application, not the employee's.    So I'd say the most important thing is to ensure that the employer is using a reputable MARA registered agent.  You can both use the same agent but it's usually recommended for the employee to use a separate one, to avoid any conflict of interest.