Spouse Visa (820 and 801) via Visitor visa

I have questions about bringing partner from overseas. I'm not married to the girl yet. My plan is as follows.

Step 1: bring her in Australia on visitor visa subclass 600. Her reason to visit to Australia will be to meet me and explore Australia and the culture before making marriage decision.

Step 2: get married to her while she is in Australia on visitor visa.

Step 3: Apply for partner visa subclass 820 followed by subclass 801 after two years.

Can someone suggest about this plan if this will work or not? Is there any better way to get her visitor visa approved?

Another option that I can think is to go to India, get married to her first and then follow the same steps. (Eg. Visitor visa than 820 & 801)

If someone has done similar way or better way, please suggest.

Thanks in Advance.

14 hours ago, shaunfreo said:

If you want a Better way as you say , there a loads of women in Australia, are non of them suitable as prospective partners, just a thought, 

Why think about other women when he already found one he wants to marry? 

@JigneshAsk many agents on this site are now saying you should be careful how you use the visitor visa as a stepping stone, because the purpose is to tour the country, not to live permanently. So this reason can be used to refuse entry (e.g. your partner don’t have return ticket, good travel plans etc). Talk to one they can give you some advice!

When you say she would be coming "to meet me", have the two of you met in person before?  It's not clear from your wording.

For an 820 visa, you would need far more than simply a marriage certificate, so you'd need to be able to provide quite a bit of evidence of your relationship.  If you would only be meeting for the first time in person, a PMV may be a better option although it adds a step and time/cost to the process.  Keep in mind the ultimate goal of a permanent visa and sometimes you need to take a longer road to reach your destination.

17 hours ago, shaunfreo said:

Can she not come on a PMV subclass 300 you then have 9 months to apply for 820/801 from date of grant for PMV look it up on home affairs website 

Hi @shaunfreo,

Thanks for your response. I am trying to find the best and fastest way to get her here in Australia and get full working rights and Study rights so that she can start working and studying. I know PMV subclass 300 is also an option but I think it is a longer option. I am trying to see if about mention plan will work legally without any trouble.

I think we can all understand the need to reunite with your partner as fast as possible 🙂 but do give the PMV some thoughts. It is an extra step yes, but if your relationship is "recent" (a year or two old rather than, say, a decade) it might be the better option as the criteria are a bit more attainable (no need to live together etc), and unlike the visitor visa/820  it is a 100% legal path. Some people have done the visitor + 820 thing and succeeded, but I have also read stories of people being turned back at the airport. So there is a risk.

The PMV adds some extra time, true, but preparing a move to Australia takes time and those months waiting for the grant really fly by!

• Like 2