Reference letter for citizenship application??

Shingekinokyogin

Hi 

I have been on PR visa since 2 yrs and thinking of applying for citizenship. 

I am having trouble getting the reference letter signed? Although there is a list of people from specific occupations that i can get it signed from my problem is that they have to know me personally for 1 yr. 

Only person i can think of is my tax agent but i have not been filing my tax with him for past 2 yrs and i have been doing it online. Don't know any GP personally as well. 

Who else can i contact for reference letter? The form says bank manager can sign reference letter but how that work if he personally doesn't know me. Well i have been with the bank for past 7 yrs so is it possible??? 

Hi Guys,

I am also looking to get the details of the citizenship application and this topic helped to get to know one of the steps in the process. I have some questions on this step. Could you please let me know:

1. Could you please let me know if a Cardiologist or a Urologist can sign this letter ? And how about a dentist ?

2. Where could I get a list of people who can sign this letter ? 

3. What does know personally mean ? Because usually GPs are not known personally but on general visits correct ? Can someone who we visit such as a Tax consultant or a Bank manager sign it and Would they sign it ? 

4. Is this letter like a standard form or do we have to create this letter and get it signed ? If it is a standard form, could you please give a copy of the letter ? 

Thank you

1 hour ago, Sigemup said:

Hi Guys,

I am also looking to get the details of the citizenship application and this topic helped to get to know one of the steps in the process. I have some questions on this step. Could you please let me know:

1. Could you please let me know if a Cardiologist or a Urologist can sign this letter ? And how about a dentist ?

2. Where could I get a list of people who can sign this letter ? 

3. What does know personally mean ? Because usually GPs are not known personally but on general visits correct ? Can someone who we visit such as a Tax consultant or a Bank manager sign it and Would they sign it ? 

4. Is this letter like a standard form or do we have to create this letter and get it signed ? If it is a standard form, could you please give a copy of the letter ? 

Thank you

You need to look for identity declaration form 1195. The list of people who can sign, is contained within the form itself.

The form is also linked from the online citizenship application portal. 

51 minutes ago, Shingekinokyogin said:

@vickyplum yes ur right.. 

Unfortunately i don't know most of the people in those specific occupations personally. So was looking for clarification from some of u who have applied for citizenship? Well i don't go to GP too much so don't have a personal GP or something like that.. Who can give me that reference letter 

@Shingekinokyogin, I asked my dentist to sign the form - as I see her every 12 months, she has known me for at least 1 year. She doesn't know me well but knows that I am who I say I am,  has personal records about me, etc. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vickyplum said:
6 minutes ago, Sigemup said:

Thank you guys;

Would it be possible to add more than one person for this or does it allow only one person ? 

I think i am misreading that.. 

It says it's an identity declaration which if done by australian citizen doesn't have to know u for one year. But if one is applying from outside Australia for citizenship then i assume the person verifying the documents must know the applicant for one year.. The placing of the words AND/OR is tricky i guess.... 

23 hours ago, Shingekinokyogin said:

@vickyplum yes ur right.. 

Unfortunately i don't know most of the people in those specific occupations personally. So was looking for clarification from some of u who have applied for citizenship? Well i don't go to GP too much so don't have a personal GP or something like that.. Who can give me that reference letter 

My doctor signed mine. I don't know her except as a patient.  She had no problems with it.  

• Like 1

Hi Guys,

A couple of questions:

1. Can we get the form signed by someone many months before we apply ? 

2. How do we know if the GP we know is an Aussie ?

3. I read somewhere before that we can go to a JP and show an ID and get this form signed even if he does not know you for more than 1 year. Is that correct ?

Thank you

(2)  you ask them. Or they can show their passport. 

(3) again, the form clearly states the person must know you for at least 1 year. Applying from inside or outside of Australia, the person must have known you for at least 1 year and be in the list of specific occupations

If you actually read page 1 of the form, it will answer your questions.

Edited by vickyplum

13 hours ago, n1ck said:

You've been here for 7 years and you haven't met anyone on that list? How's that possible?

Well i have a tax accountant i have been using his services for 5 yrs. I dont know any doctors as i dint fell i'll in Seven yrs. On 2 occasions i did go to different doctors but other than that i have not had any issues with health. Yeah but other than that i don't have too many contacts. That's the basis of my post... I am trying to learn how i can get a identity declaration from someone in that listed profession. 

My only problem is i have been too focused in my job prospects and working long hours at work. Well that's not an excuse but i do intend to get a solution to this... So any ideas will be much appreciated... 

13 hours ago, n1ck said:

You've been here for 7 years and you haven't met anyone on that list? How's that possible?

Well i have a tax accountant i have been using his services for 5 yrs. I dont know any doctors as i dint fell i'll in Seven yrs. On 2 occasions i did go to different doctors but other than that i have not had any issues with health. Yeah but other than that i don't have too many contacts. That's the basis of my post... I am trying to learn how i can get a identity declaration from someone in that listed profession. 

My only problem is i have been too focused in my job prospects and working long hours at work. Well that's not an excuse but i do intend to get a solution to this... So any ideas will be much appreciated... 

9 hours ago, Shingekinokyogin said:

Well i have a tax accountant i have been using his services for 5 yrs. I dont know any doctors

The point is, the person does not have to be a friend. They have to be someone who has been in contact with you.  Someone you do business with, like your tax accountant, would be fine.