Please help.

Hey guys. Help required.

I'm 2 yrs in on my 457 sponsor visa. I work for my friends building firm and I will be submitting all documents for the 186 ens visa in the coming days. The firm I work for is going through a messy court case. Long story short, my mate wants to put the company into liquidation. My question is, if he hangs on until my visa has been lodged and then closes the company, how will this affect things? Will the department of immigration check etc? I plan to stay with the firm on another company name and different ABN. I hope this makes sense.

Cheers

Can’t offer you any tangible help/advice but feel for you and can imagine how stressful this is for you xx after reading many posts on here I’m inclined to think it’s not about hanging on until the visa is lodged it’s about hanging on until the visa is granted.... I think if you are that invested in gaining PR and staying for the long term then get yourself a migration agent pronto, there are some great ones who regularly give up their valuable time to assist people on here, @Raul Senise has been  incredibly helpful to members as far as I’ve seen but I’m sure others will come along with recommendations, nevertheless,  I think If you’re invested in living in OZ it’s time to invest some dollars into some professional help, my very best wishes to you and fingers crossed xxxx

Thanks for the reply. Yep I have got a migration laywer. They dealt with my sponsor almost 3years ago now. They were great then and have been really good with the recent process.
Obviously they won't suggest anything that isn't explicitly above board.
I was simply wondering if anyone on this forum knew the process well enough.ie... Whether immigration do checks in real time (will they check to see if my sponsor company is still operating) or just look at the back dated evidence that has been provided to which everything is as stated.

I do get what your asking! Unfortunately I suspect the only people who can give you an honest answer are the diac staff that regularly check out the site 🙄!! (Is it even still called DIAC - no idea but I think you know what I mean!), I think you’ve got to be guided by your migration agent, I suspect they’re giving you answers you may not want to hear, it’s hard to ‘do your time’ on the 457 to then get the rug pulled from under you, it’s a ball ache and you certainly don’t need the ‘its only a temporary visa’ lectures that gets rolled out on here so often!!  My bestest wishes to you (came here via the 457 route myself so I understand), trust in your MA and let them guide you, if anything just be sure they’re working for YOU and not the company xxx

• Like 1

I would have thought that immigration would as part of their checks look at the viability of the company and agree with Phoenix that I thought it was at time of grant not lodgement.  I'm sure I've read on other threads that a change of ABN makes it a new company.  Your migration agent should be able to advise you.

On 09/03/2019 at 23:13, jo3lthakid said:

Hey guys. Help required.

I'm 2 yrs in on my 457 sponsor visa. I work for my friends building firm and I will be submitting all documents for the 186 ens visa in the coming days. The firm I work for is going through a messy court case. Long story short, my mate wants to put the company into liquidation. My question is, if he hangs on until my visa has been lodged and then closes the company, how will this affect things? Will the department of immigration check etc? I plan to stay with the firm on another company name and different ABN. I hope this makes sense.

Cheers

The case officer will often do their own checks during processing, to ascertain the nominating business's long term viability. 

If the business is already under liquidation proceedings, it will be a matter on public record and easily identified. 

As such, any actions to commence liquidation during the processing time (12 to 13 months) will be highly risky.