smoking and relationships

Fran96

Hello, I need advice. I began the relationships with the man who smokes, I have an allergic reaction to the smoke. I asked him to quit or do it not at home, but he ignored this and said that this addiction is stronger than him. I understood that is not a reason for a break-up, because I love him. But I think that is a reason to revise my priorities and make changes in these relationships. Finally, we found a compromise. He started vaping instead of smoking cigarettes, it was like a good decision. I found some information about vaping and second-hand vaping on special sites, maybe you know VapingDaily, AddictionResource or something like that, where people say that vaping is better than smoking for health. So I don't know what to do. Should I force him to quit at all or to let him do what he wants??? My main problem in loving him too much, I am afraid not to notice when these relationships can turn to abusive for me or him. Thank you for your response.

5 hours ago, Fran96 said:

Hello, I need advice. I began the relationships with the man who smokes, I have an allergic reaction to the smoke. I asked him to quit or do it not at home, but he ignored this and said that this addiction is stronger than him. I understood that is not a reason for a break-up, because I love him. But I think that is a reason to revise my priorities and make changes in these relationships. Finally, we found a compromise. He started vaping instead of smoking cigarettes, it was like a good decision. I found some information about vaping and second-hand vaping on special sites, maybe you know VapingDaily, AddictionResource or something like that, where people say that vaping is better than smoking for health. So I don't know what to do. Should I force him to quit at all or to let him do what he wants??? My main problem in loving him too much, I am afraid not to notice when these relationships can turn to abusive for me or him. Thank you for your response.

Where are you posting from and what is your nationality Fran?

• 2 months later...