Missing Australia like mad

Rachandian

So , we travelled to Australia in 2014 on a working holiday visa and had the best time ever both worked for 10 months as we both have skilled trades . We could of got sponsored but never as it was going to cost us 7000 odd (I know it shouldn't of ) plus we were 29 and 31 and wanted to have a child. We came home had our baby and then visited with him last year for 1 month and travelled from Brisbane to Melbourne  . I am now however really really missing the way of life there. 

The only reason we are still in UK is for family. I can imagine this is the reason for a lot of people. 

I just wondered if theres anyone else been in this situation and longing for the aussie life ;-( 

54 minutes ago, Rachandian said:

Im not too sure how it works with having a dependant now?

It must happen to a lot of people really. The thought of living there gives me this feeling in my stomach I cant describe lol 

You might qualify for a skilled visa

3 hours ago, Rachandian said:

Im not too sure how it works with having a dependant now?

It must happen to a lot of people really. The thought of living there gives me this feeling in my stomach I cant describe lol 

If one of you qualifies for a skills visa the partner and child are both included as dependents. 

The age limit is 45. You need to check the skilled occupation lists to see if your occupations are currently listed at homeaffairs.com.au

You also need to check the skills assessment requirements to ensure you can pass the skills assessments as many trades people in the UK now only go as far as NVQ2. 

Then calculate your points. You need as many as you can get. The minimum is 65, but that may not get you a visa. That is when the main applicant realises they may have to take eenglish exams such as ilets to gain points.

lastly, I am just going to say, be careful of equating a holiday with life. In real life, you will go to work, pay the bills, clean the toilet and everything else that is mundane. You are moving from one first world country to another. 

• Like 4

I first visited Australia in 2005 and immediately fell in love with the country. Ever since I have longed to live there, but like you and many others, family was always the sticking point. However, since having our son in 2016 the focus shifted more towards what I felt was right for own my family (i.e. wife and son). Our visa was granted this week and we'll be heading to Australia very soon.

Life is short, make the most of it and follow your dreams. 

Edited by Jonno1981
  • Like 2

I first visited Australia in 2005 and immediately fell in love with the country. Ever since I have longed to live there, but like you and many others, family was always the sticking point. However, since having our son in 2016 the focus shifted more towards what I felt was right for own my family (i.e. wife and son). Our visa was granted this week and we'll be heading to Australia very soon.
Ahh amazing ! How old are your little ones ? Will you be trying to get a sponsorship and then try to get residency there ? We are 33 and 35 this year . I think i need to make a plan

13 minutes ago, Rachandian said:
42 minutes ago, Jonno1981 said:

Ahh amazing ! How old are your little ones ? Will you be trying to get a sponsorship and then try to get residency there ? We are 33 and 35 this year . I think i need to make a plan

Our son is 3 now. We have been sponsored by South Australia on a subclass 489 visa (4 year provisional). After 2 years in Australia, we’ll hopefully move onto the subclass 887 permanent visa.

Our son is 3 now. We have been sponsored by South Australia on a subclass 489 visa (4 year provisional). After 2 years in Australia, we’ll hopefully move onto the subclass 887 permanent visa.
Ahh brilliant. In 2014 we did have the opportunity to be sponsored. However the company wanted us to pay . Our little one will be 3 this year too! How have your family been with you moving?
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Rachandian said:
2 hours ago, Jonno1981 said:

How have your family been with you moving?

I’d be lying if I said it hasn’t created some tension, but it doesn’t change the fact we are going. They will either come to terms with it or not, that’s their choice. 

Edited by Jonno1981
  • Like 1

I’d be lying if I said it hasn’t created some tension, but it doesn’t change the fact we are going. They will either come to terms with it or not, that’s their choice. 
How long did your process take and what cost . I know you have 5 years to use the visa so im thinking its somthing we should look into