Points score- help!

Rgmiles1982

Hi all. I am looking for clairifcation with regards to points scoring, particularly with the following occupation.

Finance Broker (ANZSCO Code 222112)

Option 1. This occupation requires a qualification assessed as comparable to the educational level of an Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) Diploma, in a field highly relevant to the nominated occupation. In addition to this, applicants must have at least one year of post-qualification employment at an appropriate skill level completed in the last five years in a field which is highly relevant to the nominated occupation. If employment is not post-qualification, then three additional years of highly relevant employment are required.  

2. If the qualification is not in a highly relevant field, two years of employment at an appropriate skill level, completed in the last five years which is highly relevant to the nominated occupation is required. This is reduced to one year if there is an additional qualification at least at AQF Certificate IV level in a highly relevant field.

If i am trying to use option 2 for my skills assessment as i have a qualification not in a relevant field but have the work experience etc , will i then still gain points (10 points) under ' Other award or qualification recognised by the skills assessing authority'.

I hope this all makes sense

Thanks in advance

Rob

Hi, I supposed you are wondering whether you have 10 points for qualification? I did assessment with Vetassess, my qualification also not relevant but got SA possitive by experience (opt 2 in your post). I could claim 15 points for qualification because it's recognized as equivalent to AQF Bachelor by Vetassess. If it's evaluated equivalent to Diploma, then 10 points. Hope this helps!

3 hours ago, lamngoc said:

Hi, I supposed you are wondering whether you have 10 points for qualification? I did assessment with Vetassess, my qualification also not relevant but got SA possitive by experience (opt 2 in your post). I could claim 15 points for qualification because it's recognized as equivalent to AQF Bachelor by Vetassess. If it's evaluated equivalent to Diploma, then 10 points. Hope this helps!

Hi, thats brilliant thanks for confirming. That's confirms what i thought! 

Thanks again, Rob