NEW SPOUSE VISA CHANGES

Aussiebird

Hi all,

Ive been reading on line the new changes regarding spouse visa and have a question:

Is it only referring to if it is applied whilst in Australia and not applying offshore?

I understand the sponsor has a different part to play before submitting the application for a spouse visa, but it seems only if applying onshore?

I think we may apply for a RRV first but may have to apply for another spouse visa for my husband if he doesnt get an RRV.  We are still in the UK and planning our permanent return back to Australia. 

Any advice greatly appreciated. 

Xx

12 hours ago, newjez said:

Do you know when they will be released and what the proposed changes are?

They concern, amongst other things, requiring sponsors to be approved before a partner visa application is lodged, which may be an issue for those who apply onshore from short temporary visas. We don’t yet know when they will be implemented. 

On 08/02/2019 at 08:56, paulhand said:

They concern, amongst other things, requiring sponsors to be approved before a partner visa application is lodged, which may be an issue for those who apply onshore from short temporary visas. We don’t yet know when they will be implemented. 

Who is required to approve the sponsor?