Skill assessment for 263111 - Computer Network and Systems Engineer

Seema22

Hi 

I have done Bachelor's of Science in Information Technology.
My major is - Enterprise Systems development.
Submajor- Business information systems management.

My subjects are:
Communication for IT Professionals 
Introduction to Information Systems 
Programming Fundamentals 
Web Systems Distinction 

Applications Programming 
Business Requirements Modelling
Networking Essentials 
Web Services Development 

Cloud Computing and Software as a Service 
Data Structures and Algorithms 
Database Fundamentals 
IT Operations Management 

Collaborative Business Processes 
Fundamentals of Interaction Design 
Mobile Networking 
Software Engineering Practice

Advanced Interaction Design 
Information System Development Methodologies 
Introduction to Data Analytics 
Project Management and the Professional 

Networked Enterprise Architecture 
Systems Development Project 
Systems Testing and Quality Management

I want to do my skills assessment. Can anybody suggest me if I can be qualified for 263111 - Computer Network and Systems Engineer occupation which is highly in demand right now?

If not will I be qualified for  261399 - Software and Application Programmer?

I just want to be sure that I get the positive assessment outcome with the chances of securing the faster invitation on minimum points. I would greatly appreciate any kind of help.

7 hours ago, Seema22 said:

"I was originally assed under that position but finding state sponsors with the points without a high number of points was difficult. " I did not quite understand this. 

How about 261399 - Software and Application Programmer?

What visa are you looking to apply for? I was looking at South Australia. For the Network Engineer occupation they required high points. Other states such as VIC and QLD needed a minimum of 3 years post qualification experience.

I cant' comment about the programmer.

25 minutes ago, VERYSTORMY said:

Does the skills assessment require experience ? Most occupations require some post qualification experience

The assessment itself doesn't no. As long as you have the qualification that is enough. You do get more points with 3 & 5 year post qualification experience.
Some states require post qualification experience before they will sponsor.

Edited by JetBlast

On 04/02/2019 at 00:57, Seema22 said:

Hi 

I have done Bachelor's of Science in Information Technology.
My major is - Enterprise Systems development.
Submajor- Business information systems management.

My subjects are:
Communication for IT Professionals 
Introduction to Information Systems 
Programming Fundamentals 
Web Systems Distinction 

Applications Programming 
Business Requirements Modelling
Networking Essentials 
Web Services Development 

Cloud Computing and Software as a Service 
Data Structures and Algorithms 
Database Fundamentals 
IT Operations Management 

Collaborative Business Processes 
Fundamentals of Interaction Design 
Mobile Networking 
Software Engineering Practice

Advanced Interaction Design 
Information System Development Methodologies 
Introduction to Data Analytics 
Project Management and the Professional 

Networked Enterprise Architecture 
Systems Development Project 
Systems Testing and Quality Management

I want to do my skills assessment. Can anybody suggest me if I can be qualified for 263111 - Computer Network and Systems Engineer occupation which is highly in demand right now?

If not will I be qualified for  261399 - Software and Application Programmer?

I just want to be sure that I get the positive assessment outcome with the chances of securing the faster invitation on minimum points. I would greatly appreciate any kind of help.

You are asking a very specific and detailed question which requires more detail to answer. 

Also be mindful that for an ACS skills assessment you will require employment experience.

261399 - Software and Application Programmer is not an occupation on the list for a points tested 189/190 visa, although other similar occupations are.

263111 - Computer Network and Systems Engineer occupation is oversubscribed and is a pro rata occupation.

6 minutes ago, Raul Senise said:

Yes, ACS skills assessment requires employment experience of anywhere from 1 to 6 years, depending on the qualification.

Thats odd - I got my positive ACS (263111 - Computer Network and Systems Engineer) done very soon after I gained my Cisco CCNP. . Before that I had 0 IT qualifications. I did have plenty work experience though. I have since got a visa (albeit under another occupation after a new ACS assessment)

Not looking to argue but this is my experience.

Edited by JetBlast

26 minutes ago, JetBlast said:

Thats odd - I got my positive ACS (263111 - Computer Network and Systems Engineer) done very soon after I gained my Cisco CCNP. . Before that I had 0 IT qualifications. I did have plenty work experience though. I have since got a visa (albeit under another occupation after a new ACS assessment)

Not looking to argue but this is my experience.

ACS does accept experience in lieu of qualification and can consider pre qualification experience as well.

Currently all ACS skills assessment require employment experience, except for a 485 provisional assessment.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Raul Senise said:

ACS does accept experience in lieu of qualification and can consider pre qualification experience as well.

Currently all ACS skills assessment require employment experience, except for a 485 provisional assessment.

Thanks for clarifying 🙂

• Like 1

On 05/02/2019 at 07:56, Raul Senise said:

Yes, ACS skills assessment requires employment experience of anywhere from 1 to 6 years, depending on the qualification.

How? I have done the Professional Year program and I think I am eligible for the skills assessment with no work experience.

On 05/02/2019 at 07:54, Raul Senise said:

What do you mean by

261399 - Software and Application Programmer is not an occupation on the list for a points tested 189/190 visa, although other similar occupations are.

On 05/02/2019 at 07:54, Raul Senise said:

According to the information here https://www.acs.org.au/content/dam/acs/acs-skills/ANZSCO Code Information - 2017 V4.pdf 261399 - Software and Application Programmer is comes under the point system.

The points for 2613 Software and application programmers for Two recent invitation rounds were 70.

How come is the occupation not on the list?

10 hours ago, Seema22 said:

What do you mean by

I mean exactly what I wrote, this occupation is not on the list for the subclass 189/190 visas.

According to the information here https://www.acs.org.au/content/dam/acs/acs-skills/ANZSCO Code Information - 2017 V4.pdf 261399 - Software and ApplicationProgrammer is comes under the point system.

This is simply information from the ACS guidelines, not the Migration Regulations.

There are many lists for different visas.

The points for 2613 Software and application programmers for Two recent invitation rounds were 70.

2613 is an occupation group as there are a number of occupations from this group which are eligible.

You would be well advised t seek professional advice.