❄❄Big Freeze - Check on the Elderly ❄❄

simmo

I took the day off today to do some shopping with my ol' dad and to check on my elderly aunt, I will also check on a couple of old biddies in my road.

Not being all holier than thou but please (whether in the UK or Oz)  check to see if they are OK.

Sermon Over.

snow3101-2.jpg

• Like 2

Just now, VERYSTORMY said:

Just watching the news on BBC. It is a bit funny to us as the south have had a few cm of snow and it's been -1. Here, we have had 4 inches of snow on the ground all week. Wednesday night was -11, yesterday, we warmed up during the day to -4. It is -15 here now. 

It's not just just the snow its the ice.  Here it snowed a bit last night them melted then froze.  It's hard enough to walk on for a fit young person let alone a oldie.

My aunt has steps up to her front door so I will be gritting  them for her.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, simmo said:

I took the day off today to do some shopping with my ol' dad and to check on my elderly aunt, I will also check on a couple of old biddies in my road.

Not being all holier than thou but please (whether in the UK or Oz)  check to see if they are OK.

Sermon Over.

snow3101-2.jpg

I've checked, but they are all ok.

Looks like we will have to put off that holiday in the sun.

Seriously though, my brother in law is in hospital as his foot exploded, so my wife went and spent the night with her mother. 

35 minutes ago, newjez said:

I've checked, but they are all ok.

Looks like we will have to put off that holiday in the sun.

Seriously though, my brother in law is in hospital as his foot exploded, so my wife went and spent the night with her mother. 

His foot didn't "explode" did it.?

56 minutes ago, simmo said:

His foot didn't "explode" did it.?

He dropped a wardrobe door on it and broke two toes before Christmas.

Then developed a severe case of cellulitis. Google the images but not if you are eating.

Then discovered he was allergic to penicillin.

They did think he would lose the foot. But seems to be stabilizing now.

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, simmo said:

It's not just just the snow its the ice.  Here it snowed a bit last night them melted then froze.  It's hard enough to walk on for a fit young person let alone a oldie.

My aunt has steps up to her front door so I will be gritting  them for her.

I hated that.  Slushy, grey snow which froze solid - painful if you slipped and fell on it.  😬