Child Visa - PR Signature

summer

My partner lives in Oz as a citizen- originally from the UK. My 8 year old daughter and I are planning to move to Australia to reside there. We are in discussions about the best way to do our visa (on/off shore) I was wondering if anyone can answer my question:

- if we do the visa on or off shore does anyone know when and which stage we need to get the permission from her other parent with PR? Will it change if we do it on shore or is it the same? 

- is the permission part of the early stages of the visa or the latter?

thanks. 

You will need permission from the other parent before you apply for the visa, regardless of where you are at the time.  

I would be a little worried about applying onshore.  What you're proposing (I assume) is to arrive on a tourist visa and then apply for a partner visa.  Normally you'd then get a bridging visa, which would allow you to stay on certain conditions. However I'm not sure whether you'd be able to get a bridging visa for your daughter, since her other parent hasn't given permission for her to do anything more than take a holiday. 

I think it would be worth consulting an agent.

3 hours ago, Marisawright said:

You will need permission from the other parent before you apply for the visa, regardless of where you are at the time.  

I would be a little worried about applying onshore.  What you're proposing (I assume) is to arrive on a tourist visa and then apply for a partner visa.  Normally you'd then get a bridging visa, which would allow you to stay on certain conditions. However I'm not sure whether you'd be able to get a bridging visa for your daughter, since her other parent hasn't given permission for her to do anything more than take a holiday. 

I think it would be worth consulting an agent.

In addition the Partner Visa rules are due to change soon so the sponsor will then need approval first before the actual visa can be applied for. This is likely to drag out the process considerably and I have seen at least one agent say that he thinks the aim is to stop people applying onshore from tourist visas - the tourist visa will almost certainly expire before the actual application can be submitted.