RRV renewal

Nss

Good day to all,this is my first time to join,I highly appreciate it if some one can advise me  about RRV renewal,if my visa is finishing in April and I will send my application for renewal now in January can I travel in and out from Australia until the visa expires?i mean does the current visa I have expires just because I submitted an application for renewal?

Hope any one is able to help and thank you in advance.

RRVs are for permanent resident holders. If you have PR you can travel in and out of Australia for (I think) 4 years without issue. After that time, you apply for citizenship, get an Australian passport and then you can travel freely on your passport. If you haven’t obtained citizenship 4 years after your PR visa was granted you need a RRV in order to get back into Australia. Your PR visa doesnt expire.

What visa do you hold and how long have you had it?

If it’s a temporary visa you can’t get a RRV, as you aren’t a resident who is returning.

Maybe you could embellish a little on your circumstances in order for someone to help you?

2 hours ago, Nss said:

Good day to all,this is my first time to join,I highly appreciate it if some one can advise me  about RRV renewal,if my visa is finishing in April and I will send my application for renewal now in January can I travel in and out from Australia until the visa expires?i mean does the current visa I have expires just because I submitted an application for renewal?

Hope any one is able to help and thank you in advance.

To answer the specific question: yes, you can use your current visa until it expires, or you get granted a new one which replaces it. 

Thank you paulhand,much appreciated,i hold a RRV,and looking to renew it,i was worreid that once i send a new application then i wont be able to use the one i have any more,that means i can have multible enterys until i get the  new visa.

can i ask you paul,i think i need to show ties with Australia, i came to Australia for 3 weeks in the last 5 years ,would a child supprt payment order for my son  from the family court in Australia from his Australian father untill he is 18 ,and the fact that my son holds a rrv valid for another 2 years and having super account be enough ties?or i need to show further more ties?

12 hours ago, Nss said:

Thank you paulhand,much appreciated,i hold a RRV,and looking to renew it,i was worreid that once i send a new application then i wont be able to use the one i have any more,that means i can have multible enterys until i get the  new visa.

can i ask you paul,i think i need to show ties with Australia, i came to Australia for 3 weeks in the last 5 years ,would a child supprt payment order for my son  from the family court in Australia from his Australian father untill he is 18 ,and the fact that my son holds a rrv valid for another 2 years and having super account be enough ties?or i need to show further more ties?

On that evidence, I think you may be in danger of not getting a RRV.   You should hire a good migration agent (like Raul or Paul) who will know how to write the application to give you the best chance. I would not risk doing it on your own.