Parent visa

Priyanka.21

18 minutes ago, Priyanka.21 said:

What are the documents required for balance of family tests ? 

What does settled mean here ? Like if I get a job in Australia first then I can take her ? Or is it a minimum period of 2 yrs that I have to live there first ?

How many children does your mother in law have and how many of those are in Australia 

You will normally have to be settled for two years - living in Australia. The balance of family test is that either an equal amount of most children must be living away from your home country on a permanent basis. So, if your spouse has two siblings and both are living in your home country, she will fail. If she has one sibling then can pass. 

Do note, she will also need to pass other criteria such as medical. And after the two years of being resident has passed, it will take some years to gain a grant - at the moment I would allow at least five years. 

7 minutes ago, VERYSTORMY said:

You will normally have to be settled for two years - living in Australia. The balance of family test is that either an equal amount of most children must be living away from your home country on a permanent basis. So, if your spouse has two siblings and both are living in your home country, she will fail. If she has one sibling then can pass. 

Do note, she will also need to pass other criteria such as medical. And after the two years of being resident has passed, it will take some years to gain a grant - at the moment I would allow at least five years. 

Thanks for clarifying. My husband will be applying for PR along with me, me being primary applicant. But I want to know the documents required for her even if we apply for her after 2 yrs? 

18 minutes ago, Priyanka.21 said:

My husband has 1 sister, she is in India. My mother in law is 63 yrs old. So what documents will be required for her. I know about medical tests and pcc. Except those what other documents are needed? 

They will request lots of documents when you get near the end of the queue. Right now you need to be settled first, usually 2 years then she can apply.  Wait times for 143 currently 6 years if applying now so allow at least 8 years I guess 

3 minutes ago, Priyanka.21 said:

Thanks for clarifying. My husband will be applying for PR along with me, me being primary applicant. But I want to know the documents required for her even if we apply for her after 2 yrs? 

You’d probably have to ask an agent for exact documents needed but honestly based on it being around 8 years before she would get there id not worry too much about that right now.  You won’t need the documents when you apply, only when a case officer picks it up which will be when you’re near the end of the queue 

Edited by Tulip1

4 hours ago, Priyanka.21 said:

I will be applying for 189 visa along with my spouse. We want to take my mother in law also when we move there so that she can live with us there permanently.What are the options for us for parent visa ? Also what documents are required for parent visa ?

You cannot include your mother in law on the 189 application. 

If she is relying on your husband obtaining permanent residency to apply for a Parent Visa, it will be some time before she qualifies.

No point collecting documents for your mother in law until she qualifies for a visa.

• Like 2