Consolidated skills occupation list

Lucie1

Hi all, can anyone help.

My job is currently on the skill list and we are going to apply for 189 visa.

But just found out my hubby’s occupation is on the CSOL. Would this help us with anymore points ? Or what’s the benefit of the CSOL

thank you

Not sure where you are getting your information the CSOL is no longer in effect.  The lists are here

https://archive.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/work/work/skills-assessment-and-assessing-authorities/skilled-occupations-lists

The Home Affairs website is currently being reconstructed so some links take you to archived info but this is the up to date stuff.

If you post more info about your occupations and points then maybe people can suggest ways to improve your chances of an invite, for example have you scored maximum points for English by taking one of the tests and scoring highly?

just looked back at some of your posts, in 2015 you were considering moving as a nurse but had sons aged 18?  Are you considering still bringing them? The conditions for including dependents have also tightened up so you need to check them too.  I guess you may have also lost points for age too.  

Edited by rammygirl

Not sure where you are getting your information the CSOL is no longer in effect.  The lists are here
https://archive.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/work/work/skills-assessment-and-assessing-authorities/skilled-occupations-lists
The Home Affairs website is currently being reconstructed so some links take you to archived info but this is the up to date stuff.
If you post more info about your occupations and points then maybe people can suggest ways to improve your chances of an invite, for example have you scored maximum points for English by taking one of the tests and scoring highly?

just looked back at some of your posts, in 2015 you were considering moving as a nurse but had sons aged 18?  Are you considering still bringing them? The conditions for including dependents have also tightened up so you need to check them too.  I guess you may have also lost points for age too.  

Hi rammygirl

Thank you very much.

I was struggling to find up to date lists but thank you very for the link.

Yes that’s right, oh really. My sons are 21 now and would be 22 when I apply for my visa. I was still hopeful they could come on my 189 visa. Would you know how I could check this ?

They are currently undertaking apprenticeships which finish next year. One of my sons would be an electrician and the other a mechanical engineer. I know they are both wanted skills but had hoped we could all come in my visa

Thank you for your help

5 minutes ago, GlobalVisaGuru said:

no matter if the are earning or not. the age alone makes them not eligible for being  dependent under 189 visa

How about if they were totally financially dependent and in full time education....?

Are you a migration agent? You seem to be posting on any thread that stays still long enough.......