Protest against processing times 143 visa

nitz

Hey guys,we lodged contributory parents visa application in 143 for my parents in december 2015,and it was clearly stated ok website processing times 24-36 months.Isnt this too frustrating that we all have to wait so long and they are cutting immigration rate just because they dont want to rush all together in.But is this all fair?i mean in last 1 year they just processed applications of 4months .We should do something about this.

6 hours ago, nitz said:

Hey guys,we lodged contributory parents visa application in 143 for my parents in december 2015,and it was clearly stated ok website processing times 24-36 months.Isnt this too frustrating that we all have to wait so long and they are cutting immigration rate just because they dont want to rush all together in.But is this all fair?i mean in last 1 year they just processed applications of 4months .We should do something about this.

Just be grateful that Australia still accepts parents.  Many countries do not. For instance, if you lived in the UK, you would not be able to bring your parents unless they were so ill they could not look after themselves.   The waiting times for Australia are long but at least the visa still exists.

Edited by Marisawright
  • Like 1

A visa is a privilege not a right. If anyone thinks that the government/immigration department gives a toss whether anyone ever gets a visa then they are sadly mistaken.

It took my son 61/2 years to get his visa instead of the original 2 years as the rules kept being changed retrospectively. Nothing is certain until you have your visa issued.

ps not one visa for 864 onshore parent visa has been issued since October 2016!!!  Not one for Over 2 years, so perhaps 4 months is better than none.

Edited by ramot

5 minutes ago, ramot said:

A visa is a privilege not a right. If anyone thinks that the government/immigration department gives a toss whether anyone ever gets a visa then they are sadly mistaken.

It took my son 61/2 years to get his visa instead of the original 2 years as the rules kept being changed retrospectively. Nothing is certain until you have your visa issued.

ps not one visa for 864 onshore parent visa has been issued since October 2016!!!  Not one for Over 2 years, so perhaps 4 months is better than none.

Are you still going for the parent visa, Ramot, or are you resigned to sticking with the one you've got?

6 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

Are you still going for the parent visa, Ramot, or are you resigned to sticking with the one you've got?

We changed to ‘theoretically’ the special category pathway 143 visa for people already living here on the 410/405 visa. We put our new application in the first week it started, had to cancel our 864 and re apply instantly.

Both the 864 and 143 are CPV, probably the wrong thing to do, but who knows it might be quicker. The bonus is that we now didn’t need our son to be our sponsor or pay $14,000 to center link.

We can stay on our 410 living here until the 143 comes through if ever?  I think we can renew our 410 as usual when the time comes, but it’s valid for a few years yet, and then renewable for another 10. Worry about that later.

45 minutes ago, ramot said:

We changed to ‘theoretically’ the special category pathway 143 visa for people already living here on the 410/405 visa. We put our new application in the first week it started, had to cancel our 864 and re apply instantly.

Both the 864 and 143 are CPV, probably the wrong thing to do, but who knows it might be quicker. The bonus is that we now didn’t need our son to be our sponsor or pay $14,000 to center link.

We can stay on our 410 living here until the 143 comes through if ever?  I think we can renew our 410 as usual when the time comes, but it’s valid for a few years yet, and then renewable for another 10. Worry about that later.

Oh boy, that makes my head spin!

17 hours ago, nitz said:

Nothing you can do, their rules not ours 

• Like 1