Best value RoRo car shipping service

Malcolminthemiddle

Hi everyone,

We are moving back to the UK after 6 years in Sydney, mainly moving back for work and family.

We have a VW Multivan that we are going to ship back as we love the van and used values are a lot higher in the UK so we'd struggle to replace it like for like.

I think I understand the process enough to handle most of the admin myself including the IVA etc when the vehicle lands in the UK.

If anyone has been through this process before itt would be great to get some recommendations for a cost effective RoRo (roll on roll off) shipping company that allows local drop off in Sydney, and any guidance as to what is a reasonable figure for non-container shipping including any insurance.

Thanks in advance!

Mal

I've seen a few people on these forums in the same situation - thought it didn't look that hard, decided to do it themselves.  Turned out they were right, it wasn't that hard, but then there were a lot more costs at the other end than they had anticipated, so, it didn't save that much money. Considering how much else there is to deal with in a move, I wonder if it's worth the extra time to DIY.

Edited by Marisawright

• 1 month later...
On 30/12/2018 at 09:21, Malcolminthemiddle said:

Hi everyone,

We are moving back to the UK after 6 years in Sydney, mainly moving back for work and family.

We have a VW Multivan that we are going to ship back as we love the van and used values are a lot higher in the UK so we'd struggle to replace it like for like.

I think I understand the process enough to handle most of the admin myself including the IVA etc when the vehicle lands in the UK.

If anyone has been through this process before itt would be great to get some recommendations for a cost effective RoRo (roll on roll off) shipping company that allows local drop off in Sydney, and any guidance as to what is a reasonable figure for non-container shipping including any insurance.

Thanks in advance!

Mal

If it is still relevant, please call this fellow... he is exceptional and will beat any genuine service ... drop it off to him and he will do all the hard work and he is cheap 

JOHN PETERSON

Chess Moving - Sydney

13 Bessemer Street, Kings Park NSW 2148

Tel +61 2 9671 8400  Fax +61 2 9671 8484

Web: www.chessmoving.com.au

Edited by Chris N Lora
remove his personal mobile